GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know if its just the people that do my alignment or what, but ever since I put my lift on, my turning is horrible. When I am on asphalt my tires chirp when I have the wheel at full lock. I do not know if it has to do with having a spacer on with the fabtech or what but it is getting annoying. My tires are wearing horribly on the inside and I just am not sure if the stock UCA allow for enough camber/castor adjustment. Maybe I am totally wrong alltogether? Let me know yalls guys experiances and rememdies. Thanks!

Thomas

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
I talked to a guy at a local 4x4 shop the other day and he was telling me how the steering sucks... what your saying and what he told me was the first i heard about it though

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
My tires don't chirp, but the turn radius sucks

·
1,847 Posts
my tires chirp and bounce like a mofo when I'm at full crank in my nnbs and it's stock. It may be from the camber that is produced at full lock. Thats the problem with stock trucks.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
GMR UCAs fix the limited adjustment during alignment BTW

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
my tires chirp and bounce like a mofo when I'm at full crank in my nnbs and it's stock. It may be from the camber that is produced at full lock. Thats the problem with stock trucks.
:word: Mine has done the same thing since day 1.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Mine was the same when it was stock

·
Registered
440 Posts
my turning radius sucks too with the fabtech kit and several we have done have sucked compared to stock and other kits for some reason

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,241 Posts
Spacer might cause limited adjustment. My radius sucks too, but I am pretty sure that its the same with all these lifts that use this knuckle/spindle. Tires are wearing great too. Might want to look into those new UCA's

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am either going with the new UCA or taking the spacer out for the time being. Do you think running a narrower wheel/tire combo would have any effect? I know all the trucks from the dealership that are lifted usually dont have anything more than a 9 inch wide wheel thats tucked in pretty good with nothing more than a 12.50 on it.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Get UCAs to cure the alignment problem (and ride too) . This thing isnt going to turn on a dime, but mine isnt horrible. I also dont pop U turns in tight spots very often.

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
My turning radius went to shit when i lifted my truck too. If you want to make a u-turn on a 4 lane highway then get a honda... Ill just hope the curb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts