GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some searching and didn't find anything.

If you buy this option after you get your truck, how do you "program" the lock to your factory keys? is that done by the dealer or something on the lock you setup before you install it?

I want to buy one off ebay before I get a tonneau cover for extra level of protection of sorts.

thanks
:D

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
The first time you put your truck key in it,it will set it's self to your keys.
:word: They come with instructions, but as stated all you have to do is stick your key in it and turn it and it keys itself....very simple install.

I hope your gonna have the new lockable one smoothed/painted first :read:

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. I was hoping it was going to be that easy.

I hope your gonna have the new lockable one smoothed/painted first :read:
:secret:
maybbeee

·
dieselz powerz
82 Posts
Nice...... aaaaaaaaaaaaannnd now they're one left on ebay... :p

another nice thing about a locking tailgate is.... you can't steal the taillights..

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another nice thing about a locking tailgate is.... you can't steal the taillights..
Yeah I didn't even think about that too.

It will be painted. Just gotta get another items painted too.
:suicide:

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm thats pretty neat. I'll keep with the key though I guess. Already purchased the lock one
:bawl:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ive always wondered the same question im glad someone started a thread on it. too bad ive already order a color matched red one without the lock.

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
If I don't have the lock, could I just get the bezel and the cylinder? Or do I need the handle too? And if I don't need the handle, where can I get just the cylinder?

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
i thought those covers come with a keylocking , i really dont see why install a keylocking etc if a t-cover exisit :)

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
apart from stealing the taillights , why the heck would someone install this ?
People steal tailgates and tail lights ALL the time in every city....$50 is a good investment :imo

If I don't have the lock, could I just get the bezel and the cylinder? Or do I need the handle too? And if I don't need the handle, where can I get just the cylinder?
I believe it all comes in a kit. Just buy the new kit and send that out for paint, then when its painted just swap everything out for yours and sell your non-locking setup.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe it all comes in a kit. Just buy the new kit and send that out for paint, then when its painted just swap everything out for yours and sell your non-locking setup.
:word:
that's what I'm doing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts