GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer today to check out the NNBS GMC CC. The truck looks good on the inside and outside. The truck is real quiet when driving it around. Even at freeway speeds.

The ride is smooth and very solid. I was real inpressed with it overall. I did notice looking in the rear fender wells, That there are huge gaps where the two pieces of sheet metal come together. This is where the wheel well and the underside of the bed come together.

The gap is over a quater inch. I looked at several trucks and they all have the same huge gaps. The truck I first saw this on was a sierra denali. This will be a problem for mud and water getting trapped. And later rusting out in these areas. The trucks from the mid 70's to late 80's had a problem like this that caused the trucks to rust out due to mud being trapped. I hope this is corrected in the near future.

Thanks,
Four2fight

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too. I am looking at buying one in the next few months. I am doing all the research before hand. The new trucks are very nice. I just dont want any problems. Take a look at this if you are in the market for a new GM truck.
I am also waiting to see if the six speed makes it into the 1500's this year.

Thanks,
Four2fight

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Me too. I am looking at buying one in the next few months. I am doing all the research before hand. The new trucks are very nice. I just dont want any problems. Take a look at this if you are in the market for a new GM truck.
I am also waiting to see if the six speed makes it into the 1500's this year.

Thanks,
Four2fight
Do they have any plans to put the 6.2 into the denali/any truck? That new 6 speed will seem awesome compared to a 4 speed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The denali's have the 6.2 right now. It is a awsome truck. You can get it in Awd or 2wd. I tested out a Awd drive Denali. And a VMAX CC. I am trying to decide between the two.

Thanks,
Four2fight

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Thats a good catch. I hope GM corrects it for their own sake
That's why i was always taught to never buy a vehicle in it's first model year, or redesign year. Things look good on paper, but once the rubber meets the road, they find out what they need to change...well, sometimes they correct them.

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
i drove one the other day, rode better that my 2006

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The NNBS does drive better and is quieter. The vmax also has alot more horsepower. The extra horsepower is not noticable when you drive one though. At least I was not able to tell any differance.

There are several features on the NNBS I really like. The D.I.C. has a few new features. Like tire pressure and trans temp. I also like how the CC second row seats fold up. Just like the EC. The larger center console is nicer too.

Thanks,
Four2fight

·
Registered
105 Posts
I looked at the rear quarter wheel wells on my NBS '07 Sierra today. I could not find any 1/4" gaps anywhere. Everything met up as one would expect. Wonder if it's what is now referred to as the "short box". I've got the 6.5' box (now the "standard box").

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I saw was on the CC GMC trucks. I am going to go back and take a few pics with my phone. The gaps are huge. I didnt look on the EC trucks. I will post pics when I get them.

Thanks,
Four2fight

·
attention whore
708 Posts
How do you like the VMAX vs the 6.2?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts