GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
resident craigslist whore
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I've searched. No, nothing helpful.

Has anyone swapped HD mirrors off an nnbs truck onto a 1500 nnbs truck? My 08 1500 has power mirrors with no turns, and I don't think they're heated either. Does anyone know if the power/heated/turn mirrors off an HD will fit and plug right in?

·
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and if my mirrors I have now are heated, there will be a little symbol on the glass, wont there? or does anyone happen to know the RPO code for heated mirrors???

·
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and if my mirrors I have now are heated, there will be a little symbol on the glass, wont there? or does anyone happen to know the RPO code for heated mirrors???
shit, i saw that one already and thought the sierra was an HD to begin with, he just changed mirrors from hd to hd.

·
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
buy one with the same options as your, it works
well what I'm getting at is I want heated mirrors. I don't care so much about the towing style part, but if I'm spending the money I may as well go all the way. Just wondering if my truck is wired for heated mirrors with turns and my current mirrors just dont have it. Or if I'd end up having to wire them myself and end up with a big headache.

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
Do you have the dual climate controls on the dash? They may have changed since '08, but my '11 has the heated mirrors button on the climate control unit.

·
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have the dual climate controls on the dash? They may have changed since '08, but my '11 has the heated mirrors button on the climate control unit.
yes, it's the digital climate control unit. according to my manual, 08's equipped with heated mirrors use the rear defrost button and turn on the mirrors and rear window grid at the same time. My rear window does have the rear window heating grid. I can't remember if it was on my 05 sierra or my dakotas, but one one of them the factory heated mirrors had a symbol on each mirror's glass letting you know it was heated. my 08 has no symbols.

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
yes, it's the digital climate control unit. according to my manual, 08's equipped with heated mirrors use the rear defrost button and turn on the mirrors and rear window grid at the same time. My rear window does have the rear window heating grid. I can't remember if it was on my 05 sierra or my dakotas, but one one of them the factory heated mirrors had a symbol on each mirror's glass letting you know it was heated. my 08 has no symbols.
Yeah mine do not have any symbols on the mirrors themselves. They have the tow mirrors pretty cheap on ebay, only $165 if you don't need the turn signals.

·
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah mine do not have any symbols on the mirrors themselves.
well I'll either have to wait till it's cold out or do a VIN build search at the dealer and see if my truck has heated mirrors already. If it does, I wont be in a big yank to get different ones. I just really want the heat. signals dont matter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
IIRC since your truck isn't a work truck and already has power mirrors the heated portion of the mirrors and turn signals should be plug and play. I would be willing to bet that since you currently have power mirrors they are heated as well.

·
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone happen to know the RPO code I should look for to tell for sure?? I'm pretty sure the mirrors have their own build code on the tag in the glovebox.

·
don't mind if I do
378 Posts
My '10 LT has the heated mirrors.
No signals, no symbols on the mirrors, no individual button on the dash. They are controlled via the rear defrost switch.

I'd bet money that if you have the rear defrost and power mirrors then they are heated aswell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts