GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make any aftermarket lights that aren't stupid as fuck? They all have led's all inside them and stupid shit. I don't mind halos in some cars, but in trucks [email protected] It's pissing me off because i want a black headlight that is just that, a flipping headlight with no stupid bells and whistles in it to make it look like FRIED rice.

I want to paint mine, but i'm a huge pussy when it comes to voiding warranty on things like Headlights.

If you know of any please post them up, i've searched the web over and over and even the forums to come up empty handed on a "classy" aftermarket headlamp..

Thanks, Jay

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
painted, aftermarket ..... neither will void warranty?
now, r u afraid of cuttin ur own. send them to someone on here.

jb used to clear them, and theirs a few more who will clear and paint urs.

LiftedLQ9..pm him for painted stocks.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cutting them open will void my warranty!

I'm not nervous about cutting them at all, i know i can do that without a problem. I just don't want to have them fog-up in the long run, ya know.

I really want to clear them and paint them body color inside and get rid of my chrome bumper and I'd be all set. I also need my headlights, it's sort of a necessity! If i send them to someone and they fog later on i could say i might as well ahve done it, and then again i'd have to park my truck for at LEAST a week.

I don't know i guess i'm just pessimistic about it

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If you take the reflectors out the lights it will void the warranty because your lights are then illegal.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on the headlights... Cutting a factory sealed composite headlight apart, how can you not void a warranty on your headlight?

I'm not saying on anything else on the truck, just the headlight. If they were sealed with "caulk" that could be heated and separated and put back together i could understand the dealer letting you get away with it. If they were to leak or fog in the future you honestly think the dealer would replace your headlights under warranty after you hacked them open with a dremel?

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you take the reflectors out the lights it will void the warranty because your lights are then illegal.

Main point is you had to hack them open to do that, therefore voiding a warranty on your headlamps

·
Registered
1,570 Posts

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Who needs a warranty on your headlamps? Are you honestly worried about something happening to them that would require warranty work?.....What could happen?

·
Thinkin of liftin a 2wd
476 Posts
but to answer the question I havent seen any aftermarket ones that dont look ghey

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I had moisture in my driver side headlight. Took it to the dealer and that was the first thing they asked me is if I had taken them apart in any way. I told them no. Got two brand new headlights no cost.

·
Registered
259 Posts
me and silveradodude cut mine open and sealed them back up one night then maybe 2 hours later i drove home in the freezing rain and didnt have one leak, no fogging, moisture or anything. have not had one problem with them.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
me and silveradodude cut mine open and sealed them back up one night then maybe 2 hours later i drove home in the freezing rain and didnt have one leak, no fogging, moisture or anything. have not had one problem with them.
:word: Mine have been done for almost a year, even survived hurricane Ike and mine have never leaked or fogged up.

I had moisture in my driver side headlight. Took it to the dealer and that was the first thing they asked me is if I had taken them apart in any way. I told them no. Got two brand new headlights no cost.
Voiding the warranty is a weak excuse. You dont think your bigger tires/wheels/lift would void your warranty if a tie-rod, balljoint or steering rack goes out?

buy a set of stocks off ebay and and clear/paint them if your worried about it and save yours for spares. You can get a set for less than those gay led/halo aftermarkets.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:

buy a set of stocks off ebay and and clear/paint them if your worried about it and save yours for spares. You can get a set for less than those gay led/halo aftermarkets.
I've been looking for a while...

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
:imo

:imo

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
cutting them open will void my warranty!

I'm not nervous about cutting them at all, i know i can do that without a problem. I just don't want to have them fog-up in the long run, ya know.
Just do them if you want them done. If they fog up or leak down the road just pick up another set of headlights off ebay from someone who bought those hideous aftermarket lights.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts