GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Silverado 5.3L w/ about 23k on it. My truck idles around 500 rpm, but will occasionally drop a little and have a little bit of a shuddler/shake (not to where the truck shakes, I can just feel it in my seat). When I say drop a little, I mean just below the 500 rpm mark. Then it will go back to normal, or maybe a little over the mark. I notice it does it more when the AC is on, but sometimes without. For you guys with an NNBS, what does your truck idle at and does it do what mine does? I thought I read on here that somebody with an 09 had a throttle position sensor that was bad, but mine doesn't do it anywhere near what his did. Could I have a bad sensor or should I just run some cleaner through it or Seafoam it and see if that helps?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've noticed that it has a weird idle every once in a while but nothing to worry about. I just put in 88 octane and it ran and preformed better. :imo
check or clean your airfilter:imo

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll check that today. I also cleaned my MAF and throttle body and it helped a little. I guess it's just normal and I'll have to deal with it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Im with them, mine does the same thing. I was thinking it had something to do with the cylinder deactivation program. Just a thought though as I have nothing to go by on this.
2009 GMC 1500 5.3 Ext cab.

·
WANT LIFT!!!
2015 GMC Sierra - Crew/Std bed, 5.3, 4x4, max tow
3,305 Posts
Mine does the same thing. When I finally get a tune, I am going to raise it to 600 or so. Just to smooth it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.