GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Formely SSierra08
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 sierra with onstar, steering controls and non bose system. What do i need to get and where is best place to get the stuff I need. I would like to do a cd player,replace door speakers and sub and amp under rear ext cab seat. i dont use the onstar if that matters

·
Registered
287 Posts
Id check ebay for a wiring harness and dash kit. I got my brand new GMOS-LAN01 adapter harness for $20. Retails for around 100 i think. BB also sells the dash kits. I wouldnt pay more than $20 anywhere for that. For Subs and amps its up to you. Most people argue that you should buy from authorized retailers in house but u can also find good deals online. Some people say Sonicelectronix blows but Ive had good luck with them and theyre one of the cheapest on big name brands.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have an 08 sierra with onstar, steering controls and non bose system. What do i need to get and where is best place to get the stuff I need. I would like to do a cd player,replace door speakers and sub and amp under rear ext cab seat. i dont use the onstar if that matters
I got the lan1 from crutchfield when i got my headunit from them. it was like half price if you got a headunit. now the problem is, after i put that in none of my chimes work which they should with that. I think the issue is because all i have is components for the front and a sub and they are both amped. nothing is hooked up to the regular outputs for the headunit. I dont have steering controls but im pretty sure you gotta hook another thing up for that to work. the headunit kit i got for free from them was really shitty and didnt like the way it fit at first but i guess im used to it now. just buy the more expensive of the 2 brands as i heard the higher up one fit better. If i were you i would amp your door speakers also otherwise you may not be happy with the finished product.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts