GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a different colors on the cluster, hvac controls and window switches with different color leds on the nnbs? I've heard people using skins to get a different color but I'm taking about getting to the actual bulb and switching it to a blue, white or whatever color. I wouldn't mind switching it from the dull green to a cool white color.

·
Master of Light
206 Posts
I'm currently working on a white conversion on my 09. So far I've found that the HVAC and Radio have green tinted buttons with aqua blue LEDs behind them. It was suggested to me by US Speedo to use a pink LED behind the green lens to get white. Tried this with 3 different hues of pink LEDs and came VERY close, but there was always a hint of pink.

My current solution is to drill out the buttons, replace the green plastic with clear epoxy, sand/shape to the factory dimensions and install those replacement button decals you see on ebay. Bench tests on trial pieces work great. We'll know more on that later.

Every other night illumination location in the truck has a clear lens so it's just about swapping the bulb behind to the color you want. I will be tackling those later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts