GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on GMFS, read a few posts and people seem to be pretty knowledgeable. First off, I'm completely new to lifts (I read the sticky post about lifts) so go easy on me! :biggrin:

I'm soon buying an '09 or '10 Silverado LT or LTZ (4x4/6Spd/V8)
I'm really wanting to run XD778 Monster 18x9 wheels, with 35s (maybe Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.50?)

I plan to mostly use it on pavement with rare interstate use, and occasional off-road (no major abuse, just for deer season in)

So my questions are:
-Is there a quality lift that I can run the tire/wheel combo without having to trim? (heard about fabtech 6")
-Will I need to regear and how much does something like that typically cost?

If it helps, I really like the "look" of this guys setup. http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...tech/392506-lifted-2008-silverado-1500-a.html

Thanks for any advice!! -Brian

·
Registered
68 Posts
Fabtech 6" or FTS 7" with bilstein 7-9's should allow you to run those wheel/tires with no trimming depending on offset (I'm sure more knowledgable members will correct me if I'm wrong). You don't have to regear but, it's highly recommended. Typically around here it's $1000 per differential to regear.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Fabtech, bds, fts, pro comp, cognito, there's many more. Most common would be fabtech, bds, and fts. Fts is the cheapest when you consider the forum discount. Out of those three I'd go fabtech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Fabtech, bds, fts, pro comp, cognito, there's many more. Most common would be fabtech, bds, and fts. Fts is the cheapest when you consider the forum discount. Out of those three I'd go fabtech

There is discount on fts being a forum member??

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Yup. User is ftsshocks I believe. I think his name is frank. Go through him and ask for a quote. It's significantly less

1 - 6 of 6 Posts