GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a quick question. I have a 07' NNBS ecsb 5.3 gas 4X4 stock tires, gears, all that stuff. I just turned 20k on it. Anyway my problem is that it is so F-ing loud inside. Is this just how all the NNBS are? and the other is that when I am on the gas it has almost a clinking/ grinding sound in the front drivers side. sounds like the engine. Dealers told me it was the afm, but its not. my dad had afm and his doesnt make the noise. So, if any of you guys have a clue or know what the problem would be let me know. Its getting rediculous for me. thanks in advance.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
there must be somthing wrong. I dont have any problem and I just rolled over 20,000. where does it sound like its coming from and when does it sound worse.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not bad at idle. just when you are on the gas. its hard to describe. its like something is grinding almost. do i just let it go, and when it takes a shit let the dealer deal with it? they told me they cant even hear it. Which is ironic because EVERYONE else I know car hear it. i have exhaust on it and i had the new viper 5901 alarm with remote start installed and a level kit.

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
not bad at idle. just when you are on the gas. its hard to describe. its like something is grinding almost. do i just let it go, and when it takes a shit let the dealer deal with it? they told me they cant even hear it. Which is ironic because EVERYONE else I know car hear it. i have exhaust on it and i had the new viper 5901 alarm with remote start installed and a level kit.
Well the dealership is not going to help you on the situation at all any way. But you said it sounded like a grinding coming from the engine. Does it happen all the time or just when its a cold run or what?

I would not think any of those parts are going to effect what you are talking about.

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
if ur in park and step on the gas does it make the noise, if so, check to see if ur exhuast make have a leak where the y pipe meets the manifolds. or possibly a bearing going in the pulley system, its hard to tell from not seeing it.

if its only when your moving, check the nuts and bolts from putting on the leveling kit. and grease everything in the front end

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its not just when its cold. It will happen if I have been driving three mins or three hours. I already though of the exhaust leaking(I was kind of hoping). So I guess ill try to see if anything else is loose. its a real pia. plus i can only get it to do it when im driving.

also are all the nnbs really loud inside. just in general? mine is loud as hell. not the exhaust but like road noise. thanks for all the help guys

·
Fender Measurements?
21,153 Posts
i found my grinding noise. It was the OEM exhaust crossover vibrating on the Fabtech impact bar.

This doesnt help you but i too have a fairlry loud cab. My front end and rear squeak like a piece of shit too.

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
Its not just when its cold. It will happen if I have been driving three mins or three hours. I already though of the exhaust leaking(I was kind of hoping). So I guess ill try to see if anything else is loose. its a real pia. plus i can only get it to do it when im driving.

also are all the nnbs really loud inside. just in general? mine is loud as hell. not the exhaust but like road noise. thanks for all the help guys
check your wheel bearings and everything up front, also look at your driveshafts to see if they are rubbing anything

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds good guys. ima check this stuff in just a little while. Ill let you know what i find. thanks again for all the input. these nnbs are starting to really irritate me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts