GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08' Sierra Denali AWD. right now It's leveled with rear shackles and with the upgrade on the wheels I'd like to lower it. I've been thinking about the GF kit 9857, which is a 2-4 drop. I dont want to slam it as I tow quite a few times throughout the year. The GF 2-4 kit replaces the stock leafs for lowered leafs, I'm wondering how the ride is compared to stock. Will I be sacrificing alot of right quality for the drop.

Thanks the help

JEFF

Here's a shot of the truck now

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Ground force make some good quality riding stuff from what I hear. 2/4 drop should ride just as good as stock:imo Its just a full kit is so damn expensive. Especially from Ground Force. If you can, shop around and see if you can piece a drop together. It will save you money. Unless you don't really care about the price then go for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I know I want spindles for the front for my two inches. and the rear I want leafs. I probably just haven't found them. But I was not able to find lowering leafs for the NNBS sold seperately. I assume thats all i would need to make the 2-4 drop?

JEFF

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Get a flip kit and hanger for 4 inches if you're concerned about towing. Aftermarket leafs are usually quite a bit softer than stock.

I am selling the hanger you need just FYI.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
What do you tow? I had just as much clearance when I was at 2/4 than stock with the bumpstop trimmed.

I had spindle with flip kit and hanger and it rode exactly like stock.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have the Ground force leafs in the rear they ride ok. They are little stiffer then stock i cut off the factory bump stop and removed the factory block to give me a 5" drop in the rear. You have to buy the kit to get them unless you can find someone just selling the leafs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts