GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to pick one up on ebay, I payed $400 shipped for it but Ive got a question for those who have done the mod. My LT2 console has a cigarette lighter plug on the inside of the storage compartment and one on the back of the console. underneath the console itself is a plug. Is there a plug underneath the dash of our trucks that this will connect to that way I can have power? The main reason I want to hook them up is because of the plug inside the storage compartment. I want to be able to charge my iphone without it being in plain sight.

·
Fender Measurements?
21,152 Posts
my console had the plug that plugged into the old plug from my jump seat.

I imagine you can run a spliced wire from one of the cig lighters up front to that one.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Just wire it to a constant (or switched if you want power cut when the key is out of ignition) 12v and ground. Simple.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I hate you

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its just a 2 wire plug. I was just hoping I could a do a plug and play deal.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
uh oh was you watching that one? I offered them $400 shipped to end the auction early and they took it.
No, I just want an LT2 Console :bawl:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my console had the plug that plugged into the old plug from my jump seat.

I imagine you can run a spliced wire from one of the cig lighters up front to that one.
I kinda doubt my jump seat will have that plug, my truck is a regular cab. My jump seat is the one with 2 cup holders im pretty sure there is no plug goin to it but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
when I saw it started emailing the guy. I knew it wouldnt take long for some of you guys to find it so I snatched it up. Im gonna install it tomarrow after I get my alignment and rims on.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I have the dark titanium/light titanium interior, do they have an LT2 console in that color? :think:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put an LT1 console in place of the LS console and it had the plug underneath. You might have to dig around for it. But its there.

·
dieselz powerz
82 Posts
Damn, that would be pretty cool to have!

Fawk, add it to the wish list...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts