GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Go look at my thread in member trucks right now. It's a few days old, called "cheap vogue Jordan shoes and pics of my 4/6 drop"

I have pics of the flip installed in there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at your pictures, thanks. I understand how the spindles work. I read through the directions and wondered about the flip kit. The new hanger if it goes all the way to bottoom of the box is 5" and down a hole is 4". Is that correct? The new hanger will actually be upside down compared to stock and the shackle will now hang down, correct? The other question I had was which way should the shackle open side be, to front or rear? Probably just the same as stock?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I looked at your pictures, thanks. I understand how the spindles work. I read through the directions and wondered about the flip kit. The new hanger if it goes all the way to bottoom of the box is 5" and down a hole is 4". Is that correct? The new hanger will actually be upside down compared to stock and the shackle will now hang down, correct? The other question I had was which way should the shackle open side be, to front or rear? Probably just the same as stock?
I don't have any pictures of spindles? :think: all I have is the rear flip kit, rear hanger and shackle, and the coils.

The set of holes to move the hanger closest to the ground would be 4". The set of holes to move it closer to the top of the bed would be 5" using the stock shackle in both instances. In my picture of the hanger, it's set of 5" but combined with a shorter shackle makes 6".

Yes it's upside down compared to stock. And the boxed end of the shackle points toward the rear.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any pictures of spindles? :think: all I have is the rear flip kit, rear hanger and shackle, and the coils.

The set of holes to move the hanger closest to the ground would be 4". The set of holes to move it closer to the top of the bed would be 5" using the stock shackle in both instances. In my picture of the hanger, it's set of 5" but combined with a shorter shackle makes 6".

Yes it's upside down compared to stock. And the boxed end of the shackle points toward the rear.
Ok thanks. I don't need anything from the front. Did you have to cut into the box flange to make the hanger fit?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My flip kit looks different then yours. I'm using the stock u bolts with a plate that mounts on top of axle spring mount.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see you also have a shim for changing the pinion angle. Tim is telling me I don't need that for a 4-5" drop on rear.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I didn't get the u bolts. Mine says it retains stock u bolts. Trying to find a picture now.
Tim has been sending people the 00-06 flip kits that retains the stock u-bolts. It still works and is exactly like belltechs flip. Armandos was like that and Leo's. Theres a plate with a bolt/nut that fits on top of the axle. Then a saddle that goes between the leafs and axle, then the lower plate. The lower leaf pin goes thru the most forward hole in the lower plate. I allways drill a 5/16" hole, then use a 3/8-16 tap and screw the bumpstop to the frame with threadlock.

_DSC0005-1.gif

_DSC0004-1.gif

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
In the middle of JB's first pic, is that what you mean by "box flange"?

EDIT: or you mean this?

1.gif

That is from when I just had 2" drop shackles installed, in order to get the new longer shackle in you have to trim that a little bit, totally unrelated to the new hanger or flip kit.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That kit looks like mine. But that is not was I was talking about "box flange".

At the back of the leaf springs where the shackle bolts to new mount on the frame. In your picture that you linked me to, where your new shackle mount is mounted on the frame, it looks like you cut into the bottom of the truck box to clearance the shackle mount from hitting the box. Does that make any sense??

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

EDIT: or you mean this?

1.gif

That is from when I just had 2" drop shackles installed, in order to get the new longer shackle in you have to trim that a little bit, totally unrelated to the new hanger or flip kit.
Yes there you go.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
That kit looks like mine. But that is not was I was talking about "box flange".

At the back of the leaf springs where the shackle bolts to new mount on the frame. In your picture that you linked me to, where your new shackle mount is mounted on the frame, it looks like you cut into the bottom of the truck box to clearance the shackle mount from hitting the box. Does that make any sense??
Yeah check my edit.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts