GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at possibly buying a set of mirrors with the upgraded turn signals in the mirrors. I am assuming those will fit just the same as the old mirrors do that don't come with the turn signals. My question is though will my truck have the plug that I need to plug that 2nd wire harness into from these upgraded mirrors.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
yes, plug and play

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
if u have a w/t without power mirrors the wires are probally not there? if u already have power mirrors your all set.

but anyway u can wire up just the signal on a w/t without power??

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So is the harness that it plugs into just down in the door or do you have to pull it through into the cab to find the 2nd harness?

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have a W/T but I did get my truck with the power windows they just didn't come with the turn signals or the fold down feature or the courtesy lamp. So you think all those 3 features will work?

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody else done this mod???

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I do have a W/T but I did get my truck with the power windows they just didn't come with the turn signals or the fold down feature or the courtesy lamp. So you think all those 3 features will work?
power windows?....but do you have power mirrors now?

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I orginally bought my truck I purchased it with the PL, PW,& PM. The part that I didn't get with my truck was the upgraded mirrors that had the turn signal, the ability to power fold in, & the lamp on the bottom side of the mirror. That is why I asked if all those new features aka the turn signals, power fold mirrors, & the lamp will work once if I found a set and plugged them in. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else I needed.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
OIC....then you should be fine, just remove that pillar trim piece, then remove the door panel and unplug the mirror conn, then swap mirrors and plug yours in...test it at that point and see if the signals work which they should. Power fold wont work, but signals should

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So there is no way to get the power fold to work? Also will the courtesy lamp on the bottom side of the mirror work?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I think you can wire up the power fold to a toggle switch, that's how you have to do it.

The turn signal should be plug and play though.

·
BoomerSooner
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would I just tie onto the wire that needs "power" and just have that linked to a switch so I can hit the switch when I want them to fold in and I would probably have to have another switch to fold them back out the other way? Has anyone attempted to do this in a NNBS?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Msj11 did you switch your mirrors to does of DL3 with the turn signals ? and if so was the second set of wires all ready there?

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
You are going to have to get the driver side switch that has the power fold button. PLUS, you have to take your truck to the dealer and have the switch programmed into your BCM because it will not work until its done.
I have a brand new set of NNBS mirrors with heat, ts, and power fold for sale. It also comes with the driver side switch.
These are a new take off from our truck when we went to tow mirrors.
Let me know if you want them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just completed this swap (without worrying about power folding). It wasn't too bad. The NNBS door handle swap thread helped a lot in getting the door panels off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts