GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post here but been lurking for a little while. I have been searching the last couple days for an answer to my question but haven't been able to find one. I am putting a CCM leveling kit on my 07 nnbs. I have heard that you can put 33X 12.50s on the stock wheels with a little bit of plastic trimming. If I put these tires on the 17X9 Moto metals will this make any difference. If it will I might just put the tires (Discovery STT) on the stock wheel and save myself the cash. One other question I had is would the Zone 1.5" body lift give me enough room so that I don't have to do any trimming. Thanks for your help and I really enjoy the insight on this board!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
il go ahead and tell you use the search button. And i will tell you yes you can run a 33x12.50 with a 2.5" leveling kit with stock rims. Im not real sure on the trimming though. I think its either non at all or very very little. But search there are tons of threads about it!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been using the search button but my results have been very inefficient. My main question was if I put the 33X12.50 on the 17 X 9 will this fit any different than my stock wheels. I know that this is a dumb question to most but I don't want to drop cash on something that isn't going to fit. Thanks.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
:word: it all depends on backspace or offset of the new wheels....what is it?

If you have the CCM + 1.5 BL, chances are you will be fine, but again it all depends on the BS/OFFSET

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The more they stick out, the more you will rub, specially with no lift. I would just get the 33s on your stock wheels and you will be fine. I doubt you will rub at all.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would do the stock rim option. Paying for aftermarket 17's would be a waste of money :imo
That sig is killing me, makes me laugh every time I see it but yeah dude, stock wheel, like I said. I have 17x9 but with +18 and 5.71 BS and I don't rub anything, not even the valance or at full lock. Not lifted either, just leveled. If you really must get aftermarket wheels, look at positive offsets and high BS.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 08 GMC nnbs and I was curious about running the same wheels with a leveling kit. I went to a local tire shop and they test fit the moto 17 by 9 with a 295/70/17 nitto terra grappler, i had a readylift leveling kit, and it would only turn half way before hitting front and back. i wasn't to surprised but just curious, not sure if it could have worked with ccm but i have seen a nnbs on here that said he has readylift with the moto metal and 285/70/17s, looks very good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts