GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have installed the PAC AOEM-GM1416 in your NNBS truck, would you mind explaining two things?

1) Was everything plug and play except the Amp Turn on wire (blue)
2) What wire did you tap into for the amp turn on lead?

I can't find any detail on installing this with my factory radio and I am trying to wrap my mind around everything before I tear the dash apart.

Thanks the help.

CM

·
Registered
346 Posts
i had one in my truck and yes it is plug and play,2 the blue wire goes to your amp its already pre wired...
the only thing you have to do is turn down the gains in the controller (small screwdriver where the rca's come out) i blew an amp because they were set at max from the factory

http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=366&CategoryID=28

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had one in my truck and yes it is plug and play,2 the blue wire goes to your amp its already pre wired...
the only thing you have to do is turn down the gains in the controller (small screwdriver where the rca's come out) i blew an amp because they were set at max from the factory

http://pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=366&CategoryID=28
Ok, so literally you just plugged in all the wiring harnesses provided, then you took the blue wire coming out of the PAC harness and connected it to your amp? You dont have to hunt for an additional turn on wire in the dash somewhere!!?!?!?!!

If that's the case then I am having a mind explosion right now.

Thanks,

·
Registered
346 Posts
you hit the nail right on the head.. no hidden wires or codes or gremlins

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
F-ing Gremlins... Thanks for the info. I asked another guy and he said that he ran that blue wire into the fuse bose for a turn on wire. I guess he didnt know it was already wired/connected through the harness and the blue from the pac box was ready to head to the amp.

This should be cake.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It is cake. No worries

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is cake. No worries
Hey man, real quick. Does your truck have an "eq" button that offers pre-set selections like rock jazz, etc.? My truck doesnt have BOSE writtan anywhere on it but I just read that the Manual and it says that if I do in fact have 5 pre-sets then the 1416 kit will not work. Does your radio not have this EQ button?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes I have the eq button with the five presets and it is NOT a Bose system and it worked for me

·
How Do U Suck?
674 Posts
Worked for me as well with the same setup.

Hardest part was getting the outputs off the 1416 adjusted just right.
I pulled my upper glovebox area and installed it there on the right of the stereo so its accessible with just the removal of two easy to get to screws hold that box in.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hate to dig an old thread but I just installed this into my 2012 and the blue remote wire run to my amp and it stays on all the time even with radio off and doors open. Could it be a defective unit? Its on a bazooka tube bta6100 model a100

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hate to dig an old thread but I just installed this into my 2012 and the blue remote wire run to my amp and it stays on all the time even with radio off and doors open. Could it be a defective unit? Its on a bazooka tube bta6100 model a100

·
Registered
156 Posts
Installed the pac1416 in my 12 ecsb today and everything worked fine for a moment, then it was as if I had no door speakers.. Tried adjusting the settings and checking the connections, all was well. Seems to be playin from the pillar speakers and the single subwoofer that was installed.The amp has power and is grounded. Any ideas, defective box maybe? It's a non Bose set up btw.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had a loose pin located in the PAC harness, everything's working properly now!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts