GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Fire Red
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dam is it just me or does the NNBS trucks paint chip super easy. Every time i look at my truck it seems to have another tiny paint chip. I get them on the front of my hood, lower fender wells, ect... Just seeing if anyone has that same problem going on too. I had my 03 for over two years and had less paint chips in it than my new 09 that i"ve had for less than 6 months. Man whats the deal!!!!!

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Goverment motors got real cheap and only did 1 base coat I'm guessing:shrug: So I guess you have noticed how our clear coat is orange peel. and yea, I have paint chips like a S.O.B and I have had my truck for a year.

·
Fire Red
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goverment motors got real cheap and only did 1 base coat I'm guessing:shrug: So I guess you have noticed how our clear coat is orange peel. and yea, I have paint chips like a S.O.B and I have had my truck for a year.
Man glad to see i'm not the only one getting screwed...yeah dude i dont know whats the deal

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
:word:

Most(if not all) car companies run this problem now. They were forced to go to water based paint for environmental reasons, and it just seems super thin. I got paint chips up the wazoo on mine as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same thing here! I though it was just me, glad to see there are others...

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i think every member here could agree with the OP's statement. My hood needs to be repainted and it's a 2007.....

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
:word:

Most(if not all) car companies run this problem now. They were forced to go to water based paint for environmental reasons, and it just seems super thin. I got paint chips up the wazoo on mine as well.
:word: all manufacturers have this issue, Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Honda etc

·
Registered
446 Posts
Im effing pissed about this also!! Mine is a 08 and i have never seen as many paint chips. My 05 SSS had almost none and back then i did way more HW driving. I wonder if GM will do anything about it?

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
mine is too, but I dont drive much on the HWY, plus I only have 7000 miles
Wanna trade trucks for a little while? :crazy:
They just put down lil packing stones on my road last week(like all over it, you drive across it). we can change that status.

:wave:

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I want a new pant job

·
dieselz powerz
82 Posts

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Wanna trade trucks for a little while? :crazy:
They just put down lil packing stones on my road last week(like all over it, you drive across it). we can change that status.

:wave:
they are fixing to blacktop the road in front of my work so I think my status is gonna change anyway.

·
Formerly White_Stealth
861 Posts
I wonder if GM will do anything about it?

Yeah they put those stupid looking 3m film things on the bedsides.

Like said before, they didn't just put one coat of base on, but waterborne has about half the mil thickness of traditional solvent based paints. Less paint=less cushion=more rock chips.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah they put those stupid looking 3m film things on the bedsides.

Like said before, they didn't just put one coat of base on, but waterborne has about half the mil thickness of traditional solvent based paints. Less paint=less cushion=more rock chips.
Well that is Bullshit!!

GM :biggun:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts