GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently ive been detailing my truck to get it ready for summer and for starters this is my question. Im quite pissed off by how I seem to have gotten these tiny fine scratches almost look to be under the clear? maybe its in the actuall pigment when they spray them???, maybe from washing on a regular basis? who the hell knows. I clay bar'd, used some correction 105 by meguair's, used a polish and a light compound and regular wax. To many you wouldn't even noticed unless you put an led light or something that focuses in right on the area where you working. (maybe im just way to super anal) Maybe its in the paint from when they spray them since these newer trucks use water based paint who knows...but it almost looks like cross hatching or something of that nature. None of these marks are gouges or anything , and in fact you cant even rub your nail over them to feel them, I can't see it being neglect on my part. So is it in the paint, and yes the truck is summit white non metallic. Id feel a lot better if im not the only one..:emotions34:

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any suggestions...

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Did you use a machine or elbow grease to rub the rubbing compound on the effected areas?

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By hand

·
Registered
689 Posts
You won't be able to correct the paint by hand. Do you have pictures showing the damage?

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Registered
9,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You won't be able to correct the paint by hand. Do you have pictures showing the damage?
Not really it only shows up under the right light i guess. I noticed my door has some swirls/fine scratches if that's what there called. Ill try to snap a pic tonight.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was just like you. I did everything by hand, comes out great and is rewarding but it always leaves you a bit short. I went to harbor freight and picked up their DA polisher and its a night and day difference, and this is the weakest machine you can use to correct the paint. Look into getting a machine in your life, it makes a world of difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts