GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering about that plastic chip guard on the boxsides of the nnbs trucks, is everyone taking it off or leaving it on, if so was it a bad idea? just noticed that on these trucks it might be a pain to wax/polish around.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
left mine on... on both nnbs ive had. i just use a non residue wax. one that doesnt leave that white residue. but as far as polishing... it maybe a problem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 2008 nnbs and nowhere on the side of the bed is there anything "plastic" to prevent chips. Where is this chip guard suposed to be located? I need to go look at my truck.

·
GMC Owner
1,534 Posts
At the bottom rear end of each wheel well and in front of the rear wheel housing where the bedside flares out.

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Just get some painters tape and tape off the plastic where it meets the paint for polishing and waxing or look into waxes that dont stain or leave residue on plastic.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I've found WD-40 and your fingernail cleans the edges of these pretty good if you don't keep them clean them they begin to look like shit on a white truck

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got a little bit of wax in the edges on them, just took some "back to black" and my finger nail and cleaned them up, a freinds dad's truck doesnt have them in the front of the bed sides and is chipped up pretty good i guess. so they do serve some purpose, ill leave them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bottom corners of the rear fender wells.
Ok, so I looked very closely at my truck and I still do no see any kind of "plastic" on the sides of my bed/box. There is what looks like a vinyl patch on the edges of the wheel wells. Is this what i'm supposed to be seeing? If so, I just wax over it, with no issues. I was thinking some trucks came with some kind of "plastic" fix all after thought from GM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts