GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly joeyrossmiller12
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys anyone had this problem? nnbs extended cab, rear driver door has no power. I thought my window motor was out so i ordered a new one and I had my radio on when i was putting it in tonight and i noticed my speaker wasn't working either (even turned the fade all the way back and balance all the way to the left). I did put the new motor in to test it out and nothing. put the meter on it and heres what it read... no power to the window motor when (yes i did press the window button) only like 5 volts to the speaker. I took the plug off the window button. there are 8 wires going to it, the purple, brown/white, green, and pink/white were the only ones with power going to them (12 volts) I didn't look at a wiring diagram yet but i figured i'd ask if anyone has any suggestions
thanks

sorry for the long post.

·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a picture of that plug that goes to the window button...

·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump... sorry guys but i need help on this one. im pretty lost here

·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump again haha. I know its annoying but i really don't wanna take it to the stealership

·
Hillbilly
1,525 Posts
I had this problem when I bought my truck and the wiring harness in the drivers door had a few wires pulled into, I soldered them back together and it worked fine for a while. it was pulling apart where it goes through the rubber boot between door and fender. I pulled the harness out and ordered a new one from a chevy dealer and I have no prblems now. Downside is that harness was a $136 and I get it wholesale through the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts