GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I've been looking for a new truck/suv to daily for this upcoming winter that has more room than the rcsb and also allows me to avoid driving the rcsb in the salt. I came across an 08 nnbs ccsb slt that I like but just found out it was one of the trucks that had oil consumption issues due to the AFM. The truck currently has about 112k mi on it and was rebuilt at 55k mi when the issue was discovered (caught before it blew up and so it never seized). It was done under warranty at a dealership and the owner has the paperwork for the repair/rebuild, trans seal, and also the rear end (G80) that was serviced at the same time.

So in short I'm going to be looking at it this weekend and was wondering if there are any specific signs I should look for, watch out for or just flat out avoid?

·
15 RCSB Z71
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple pics of said truck

F6918AD3-5219-4A8A-9DC2-9534637C8257_zpsao2zthud.jpg

CEE84847-2960-48BB-9737-1741DCB1600A_zpsuoyuk1sf.jpg

·
15 RCSB Z71
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have my AutoCal so if I end up getting it I would tune it out, I'm not too worried about that. My biggest thing is just wondering if there is anything I should be weary of/look for when I go to check it out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Check every door for rust. Open the doors and pop that plastic gutter/door seal off the bottom inside of the door. Look for rust. GM has a problem with rotted doors. Also Check cab corners behind each rear door for rust. Look for any leaks underneath. Smell engine oil to see if it smells like Diff fluid, look at condition of trans fluid see if its burnt, metallic like a disco ball or just nasty.

·
15 RCSB Z71
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'll be checking all that stuff, probably checking all the head gaskets for leaks as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts