GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Devout Hedonist
147 Posts
I had the CCM 2.5", then I went to the RC 3" kit and added another .5" with it. There really wasn't much of a difference but enough to clear the new deeper wheels.

CCM 2.5" w/ 18's on 33's

RC 3" +.5" spacer w/20s and 33's

You think a 305/65/18 would clear on OEM wheels? I mean no rub fully cranked left-right?

·
Registered
302 Posts
You think a 305/65/18 would clear on OEM wheels? I mean no rub fully cranked left-right?
I've got 305/65/18 BFG A/T's on my 09' with a 2" leveling kit. They barely rub when making sharp turns but not under normal driving. I think a 3" kit or some slight trimming will fix it though and they look pretty sweet.

·
Devout Hedonist
147 Posts
I've got 305/65/18 BFG A/T's on my 09' with a 2" leveling kit. They barely rub when making sharp turns but not under normal driving. I think a 3" kit or some slight trimming will fix it though and they look pretty sweet.
Thanks for the info.

One Q: Where is the rub?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm running the RC 3" premium kit, and I got a full 4" of lift out of it--I'm running 325/60/18 TGs on 18x9 moto metal wheels, I installed 4" blocks in the rear of the truck--fender measurements are at 41.5 front and 42.5 rear

The pic below is with the RC blocks-sits a 1/4" lower in the rear

·
Devout Hedonist
147 Posts
I'm running the RC 3" premium kit, and I got a full 4" of lift out of it--I'm running 325/60/18 TGs on 18x9 moto metal wheels, I installed 4" blocks in the rear of the truck--fender measurements are at 41.5 front and 42.5 rear

The pic below is with the RC blocks-sits a 1/4" lower in the rear
Nice!

No rubbing at all with that wide of a tire/wheel combo?

·
Devout Hedonist
147 Posts
FYI, Im selling my old RC kit if interested.:cheers:
How much? Is it complete?

Is it the "deluxe" kit or whatever they call it - with the extra components?

Shoot me a PM to avoid a total hijack! :shake:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You have to remember that even though it may only gain you .5", the 3" kit includes a front diff drop to take care of CV angles... the 2.5" leveling kit does not... so for me, it's worth the extra money to have better front end geometry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts