GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4412 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm slightly considering ditching my RC 3" for the 5". No not for the standard reason of I wish I would've gotten more lift, but because the 3" kit doesn't allow proper alignment which is lame, I've heard the 5" kit is better and now cost $850. However I don't want to buy bigger tires, I'd really like to see some pics with 18" wheels on 33's, but I'm interested to see whatever RC 5" pictures anyone wants to post.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Search and you will find pics. RC 5" is a great kit. Flat angles and looks great with 33s. Just do it.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
havok88 has 33s/18s on a 5" RCX and it looks great :imo

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm slightly considering ditching my RC 3" for the 5". No not for the standard reason of I wish I would've gotten more lift, but because the 3" kit doesn't allow proper alignment which is lame, I've heard the 5" kit is better and now cost $850. However I don't want to buy bigger tires, I'd really like to see some pics with 18" wheels on 33's, but I'm interested to see whatever RC 5" pictures anyone wants to post.

Where can you get it for 850?

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Holy crap those are some good prices.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Havok88 thats :boobs:

Any body lift or just suspension?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANK YOU! I think I'm going to put a jack under my truck and lift it up 2" to get a good idea of exactly what mine will look like, that's presuming the RC 5" is exactly 2" higher than the RC 3". What size tires are you running? Any complaints with that lift kit?

I really don't want to go much higher than where I'm at, but the RC 5" kit is cheaper than all the 4-4.5" kits out there.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Look at member Chris15706. He's running 305/55/20 with the 5" kit along with the zone 1.5" BL.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
This is the only one I have.

Christruck.jpg

I'm not sure who's truck this is but its got the 5"kit as well.
GMC20s.jpg

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Chris I'm in love with your truck! haha. That's why I'm copying it. I'm hoping to have my gmc 20s sometime later this week. Then tires, then I'm gonna drop down to the 5" kit.

·
Rehab is for quitters
2,622 Posts
X9 or x10 wheels? I assume you are running the 325/60's as well? I'm thinking this lift is the ticket on top of my Zone 1.5" BL. Looks good Havoc!
they are x9s. and yes that is the tire size
Havok88 thats :boobs:

Any body lift or just suspension?
thanks man. its just suspension

THANK YOU! I think I'm going to put a jack under my truck and lift it up 2" to get a good idea of exactly what mine will look like, that's presuming the RC 5" is exactly 2" higher than the RC 3". What size tires are you running? Any complaints with that lift kit?

I really don't want to go much higher than where I'm at, but the RC 5" kit is cheaper than all the 4-4.5" kits out there.
no real complaints. my rear shock bushings squeak a little. but aside from that the kit installed easy and drives great.

1 - 20 of 4412 Posts