GMC Truck Forum banner

4401 - 4412 of 4412 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I apologize if this has been covered, but I have the tools and the knowledge to install this lift on my 2015 - I just get nervous doing this on jack stands. I can't find anywhere to utilize a lift, and I just can't justify paying a shop to install it. So the question is...

How dangerous is it really to install a lift like this with the truck on jack stands?

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
It's not dangerous if you have proper jackstands. I did my 2013 on jackstands that were rated for 6 tons.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I did mine on jack stands and it sat on the stands for several days. You could always use extra stands, wooden blocks or leave the jack under it in addition. I don’t remember being underneath in the danger zone for an extended period. You should be able to do a lot of the work from the front fenderwell area.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I did the lift on my 05 in my driveway with jack stands. Just make sure they’re set properly and recheck them. Hopefully your driveway is mostly flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
your 2015 isnt an NNBS.

Reactions: ferraiolo1

·
Super Moderator
5,849 Posts
Thanks benz - you get the value add post award out of 221 pages... what would we do without you
Create your own thread about your issue. It has literally nothing to do with this thread or a nnbs since your lift is completely different than that of a nnbs. Then you will get some help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4401 - 4412 of 4412 Posts