GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BlackBear tuned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Front and Rear Bumper are already starting to "Pit" rust.
I had a chat with GM REP and he told me that my Local Dealership could clean the bumpers or change them. He told me under GM'S warranty they could only change the bumper one time under GM warranty. Which I think is total B.S.
I also mention to him that on the new Denali, the bumpers are color matched.
I’m stuck. Should I wait until a couple months before my 5 year warranty is done or get the color match bumpers right away?

What do you guys think I should be getting. Color Match of Chrome?

We have lot of Salt on the roads here in the winters so that eats up the Chrome.
I don’t know if the Color Match bumpers will rust over time or not.

Thanks for your help guys.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Get them replaced and immedeately take them home and coat them with an acrylic/polymer sealer.

I wouldn't bother having them color matched now if there is still salt and junk on the road. Even after paint dries it continues to cure and harden for 30-60 days afterwards. If I had to contend with bad road conditions I'd wait.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Oh... in that case... get the colormatched parts... IF they come painted already and the dealer won't be painting them for you. A lot of parts dont' come painted.

·
BlackBear tuned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh... in that case... get the colormatched parts... IF they come painted already and the dealer won't be painting them for you. A lot of parts dont' come painted.
I still dont get it why gm hasnt fixed there stupied chrome problems yet.

The NBS had the same problem.

I'm just worried that the bumper will rust again with the color matched bumpers.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I still dont get it why gm hasnt fixed there stupied chrome problems yet.

The NBS had the same problem.

I'm just worried that the bumper will rust again with the color matched bumpers.
Because they're GM. Whatcha gonna do about it? Buy a Toyota? lol. Hey..wait a sec...:pow:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, if you decide to wait til the warranty is about up, do it before 36 months or 36,000 miles. The five years is for the power train only, and the bumper ain't part of the power train.

·
BlackBear tuned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, if you decide to wait til the warranty is about up, do it before 36 months or 36,000 miles. The five years is for the power train only, and the bumper ain't part of the power train.
Thanks for all the tips guys. I think im ganna tell them to change my bumpers and put the color match bumpers!

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
they pulled that shit on me when my tie rods broke and i wan in the middle of no where, they told me that i had to tow it in with the tie rod snapped not wielded back together, so how the fuck do you get a tow truck 4mil back in the woods o have no fucking clue o well. THROW UP SOME PICS.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i dont think u can get color matched...when u go to GM u cant order any color bumper cap u want or fenders or anything painted...it might just be primered...

·
BlackBear tuned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont think u can get color matched...when u go to GM u cant order any color bumper cap u want or fenders or anything painted...it might just be primered...

I'm luckey they make my color in the Denali's

silver.gif

·
BlackBear tuned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they pulled that shit on me when my tie rods broke and i wan in the middle of no where, they told me that i had to tow it in with the tie rod snapped not wielded back together, so how the fuck do you get a tow truck 4mil back in the woods o have no fucking clue o well. THROW UP SOME PICS.
Here are a couple of pics of the front bumper

IMG_0270.gif

IMG_0269.gif

·
Must be lost..
1,148 Posts
I would get them done now for sure. Im a warranty administrator for a ford dealer, Ive seen ford try to deny surface rust on vehicles over 12k miles at times. Stating neglect to keep surface clean. And as far as the one time per vehicle, thats not true either.

·
BlackBear tuned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would get them done now for sure. Im a warranty administrator for a ford dealer, Ive seen ford try to deny surface rust on vehicles over 12k miles at times. Stating neglect to keep surface clean. And as far as the one time per vehicle, thats not true either.
Ok man thanks for the tip ! I will get this done early next week. I will post pics for the new bumpers

·
Registered
150 Posts
So the dealer is gonna give you Denali front and rear bumpers...for free...Awesome!

Any More pics of your truck (you've got 20" wheels right?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts