GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: pics with wheel/tire combo on page 4

Did this last night in less than 6 hours with one helper. He started with me after the whole front was stripped and the diff was on the ground....

08 Sierra 1500 fo by fo
Rough Country 7.5" front lift
Rough Country 6.5" anti-wrap blocks

I don't have any before pics with these wheels and tires. This is the 4th set I've rolled on in 3 weeks and they were put on in the middle of the lift because Pace has all my jackstands :ninja:

Wheels and tires have been a pain in my ass for the last month. I wanted 20X12's and 33's. There are no 12z available unless you want dickstars or hulks. The asshole in Fresbro with the Dune 6's and Irok's that were in the ebay section didn't return my call and pretty much acted like I'd have to fly there and ship them to myself. I pm'd Zuby to try to get some help but he hasn't replied. That was almost a month ago. Thanks!

Anyway, after a long time trying to find what I wanted, Toyo released the new size and I went with them and lucked out to find the last set of wheels that would work:

22X12 Ion Forged Terminators <--Thanks to www.westkycustoms.com!
35X12.50X22

Wheels will be here tomorrow, and it looks like I've got the last set of available 35/22's right now. The guys getting my wheels said they can't get any of the Toyo's for another month at least, and were pissed when another supplier of ours got them next day. It's all worked out though.

Fender measurements:
Front fender to ground: 44"
Front fender to center of hub: 29.5"
Rear fender to ground: 43"
Rear fender to center of hub: 28"
Front left tire height: 30 3/4" 275/55/20

There are 2" spacers under the rear wheels

DSC_7503.jpg

DSC_7504.jpg

DSC_7505.jpg

DSC_7506.jpg

DSC_7507.jpg

DSC_7508.jpg

DSC_7509.jpg

DSC_7510.jpg

DSC_7511.jpg

9,795 Posts
man you have no idea how excited i am to see this John...I think the 22x12's with 35's is going to look completely SICK!

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
:whoa:
that is going to look awesome once you get tires and rims finished up.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
It's gunna be sik!! The tires are gunna be a'lil skinney, I had toyos on my 12s nice tires but to narrow for 12s :imo

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Nice! Cant wait to see it with the wheels :D

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
looking good so far.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys. Hopefully the wheels will be here tomorrow and I'll follow up with new pics.... Yeah, 12.50's are'nt gonna be much, but the only other option in a 35/22 was Irok's, and I think I'd hate those. I drive my truck a lot and have heard way too many complaints about noise and wear. I could be wrong, but this will be my 6th set of Toyo's and all of them were great.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
I didnt know they made those tires. Big rims is the only way to go on anything, lifted or lowered. I hated how much sidewall my 18/35 setup had.

Truck looks great! Cant wait too see the new rims mounted up. :drool:

1 - 20 of 195 Posts