GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 08 silverado cc and ive been doing the research looking into different drop setups, does this sound good?

belltech spindles/ struts
MCG 4/6 or 4/7 rear flip
i also want to add air bag helper kit

does anyone know a good site to get the belltech spindles & struts? for the MCG i saw there is a vendor on here, Tim, with good reviews all around.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
ok i have a 08 silverado cc and ive been doing the research looking into different drop setups, does this sound good?

belltech spindles/ struts
MCG 4/6 or 4/7 rear flip
i also want to add air bag helper kit

does anyone know a good site to get the belltech spindles & struts? for the MCG i saw there is a vendor on here, Tim, with good reviews all around.
For the front, belltech components are good. Contact NorcalSS, another vendor on here, he sells DJM stuff and now Belltech stuff as well. Spindle/strut Is a good setup for 4".

For the rear, get the Mcgaughys flip kit from Tim and the Mcgaughys helper bags from Tim as well.

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the infor about the other vendor, NorcalSS,

i have another question, what is the biggest size tire i can go on stock 20s with the helper bags, i thought i read somewhere that they might rub with the helper bags? i dont remember where i read it though......

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
thanks for the infor about the other vendor, NorcalSS,

i have another question, what is the biggest size tire i can go on stock 20s with the helper bags, i thought i read somewhere that they might rub with the helper bags? i dont remember where i read it though......
I'm not sure on that, what tire size do you have?

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I have 285 50 20s on a 4/6 drop and don't rub with stock LTZ wheels.

I can't say for the helper bags though.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
You can run stock size 275/55/20's with a 4/7

check out www.stillen.com also for belltech parts, if you dont see it call for a price and get norcalss to match/beat it. I know they sell the struts for like $85ea with free shipping

Just FYI...if you cant get a decent price on the belltech spindles, these summit spindles are really ground force spindles http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G716/

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 285 50 20s on a 4/6 drop and don't rub with stock LTZ wheels.

I can't say for the helper bags though.

You can run stock size 275/55/20's with a 4/7

check out www.stillen.com also for belltech parts, if you dont see it call for a price and get norcalss to match/beat it. I know they sell the struts for like $85ea with free shipping

Just FYI...if you cant get a decent price on the belltech spindles, these summit spindles are really ground force spindles http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G716/
thanks silveradodude74 and JB for the help, the 275/55/20 with a 4/7 looks good, i looked at the silverado cc you did a few weeks ago, i assume that is what he is running?

time to start ordering my parts....

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I would get some 274/45r 20s imo

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
im running stock 275/55/20 on a 4/7 cc nnbs with no problems. fills up the gap nicely imo

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do you guys ride stock rear shocks? if i run air bag helpers do i really need new rear shocks?

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i went with the belltech 2210FF rear shocks
i should receive my final part for the drop this week, thanks to tim and norcal for all the parts and help,

ill probably do the drop this weekend with the help of my friend, he has lowered some cars but not trucks, but still should be helpful.

this is gonna be my first drop eva, any final advice/tips would be appreciated.....

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
i went with the belltech 2210FF rear shocks
i should receive my final part for the drop this week, thanks to tim and norcal for all the parts and help,

ill probably do the drop this weekend with the help of my friend, he has lowered some cars but not trucks, but still should be helpful.

this is gonna be my first drop eva, any final advice/tips would be appreciated.....
What are all the parts you went with?

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 24 Posts