GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one that's painted black or paint to match. I think the part number is 15941837 for one that is paintable with the slot. My question is, what is the cheapest place to get one of these online?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
you can get it at carpartswholesale.com for $140ish, i hate that fuckin place though so id suggest against it if you could find it somewhere else for a little more youd be better off spending the extra.

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can get it at carpartswholesale.com for $140ish, i hate that fuckin place though so id suggest against it if you could find it somewhere else for a little more youd be better off spending the extra.
Why is that? Bad service?

Thanks for the info btw!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
well i wanted a chrome bumper

ordered one, shipping time was way longer than they told me on the phone when i called to confirm, so the item was going ot get shipped to a place no one was going to be for a month,

asked to switch it cause the item had not left their facility yet, they said sure, never actually did it, fought with them for 2 hrs on the phone one day finally got it re routed through fedex, and they charged me for their mistake/lie for the rerouting fee.

I finally get th bumper 2 weeks after I ordered it, all excited I open up the package, black paintable , and they wouldn't take returns on it.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
got a chrome one with vent for 48 shipped on ebay.. lol
if i ever install it i can sell my black paintable. has 2 chips in the "coating"

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
I had a guy coming tomorrow to swap me bumper bars tomorrow (my chrome for his black and $75 cash) but i pussed out. I took my bumper and grille off in about 20 minutes and looked at the back and said outloud "holy shit" i don't even know where to start taking it apart, i'd do it but my wifes tC's alarm went nuts and the car won't start so i can't take it off the road for a few days to have it painted. OH and the stupid clamp nut (what the fuck ever it's called) was broken in half, here's how i got it to work for now...:ninja:

IMG00493.jpg

IMG00494.jpg

a little duct tape......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked at their website and could only find the chrome with slot..... Wonder how they screwed up so bad they gave you a part not even advertised..... :think:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
its the wrong picture but 2 months ago when I bought it they had a chrome one and right underneath it a "gray" one but the picture looks nothing like the bumper for our trucks

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
swapped it today, didn't puss out. Love the slot in it

IMG00504.jpg

if you want the PN for this one i can run out and get it for you.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
damn bro just got home, send me a pm and i'll get it for you tomorrow morning. sorry about that

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
on bumper bar
CV9000BL-67
part number c45

not a normal looking part number, but that's what it says.... Hope it helps

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
07-08 bumper bar without slit is GM part# 15836962
09+ bumper bar with the slit is GM Part# 15941837

Both are "Paint to match" so they basically come like the w/t's do with the flat black look.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
thanks

·
On my way up!
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
07-08 bumper bar without slit is GM part# 15836962
09+ bumper bar with the slit is GM Part# 15941837

Both are "Paint to match" so they basically come like the w/t's do with the flat black look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts