GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hell i donno if this the right section but here it goes...what is the best route for gettin my speedometer corrected for the 24's...its around 5mph off and its buggin the piss outta me. i called the dealer and they said it was gonna be around 200 damn dollars or i could buy an aftermarket programmer for around 240. any other options? or if anyone has a used calibrator they would like to sell me for this truck i would be interested. thanks...its a 2009 ecsb with 5.3

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Yea this is the wrong section. Are you wanting to add proformance too? You dont need a programmer if your going to go for proformance and to fix the calibration.

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha sorry bout the wrong section...all im wantin to do is fix the speedometer really unless there aint much price difference then i might as well get the performance too...i was thinkin maybe black bear?? im sure they can calibrate it right? wonder how much that would run me?

·
-Consistantly Retarded-
624 Posts
haha sorry bout the wrong section...all im wantin to do is fix the speedometer really unless there aint much price difference then i might as well get the performance too...i was thinkin maybe black bear?? im sure they can calibrate it right? wonder how much that would run me?
Most dealerships will do this, just call around and ask before you go there. I called me local dealer and asked, and they said 75 dollars to fix it.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Get a blackbear tune, it's around the same price and if you hang around GMFS long enough, you'll eventually get one. So might as well make it now :crazy:

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i called two different dealers one said they couldnt even do the shit and the other said it would be around 200 bucks cause they have to call gm and get a damn program or some shit for it...

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much is the blackbear tune and how do i go about gettin one? do i have to send them my ecm? or what?

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
how much is the blackbear tune and how do i go about gettin one? do i have to send them my ecm? or what?
yea they usually send you a tuned one and you return yours back or just have them send you a rental while they tune yours and send it back etc.. but blackbear does tours around the nation, so you might catch him close to you, might have to drive, but you can get a street live tune in person. he is a sponsor on here, you can ask him directly.

that will give you performance and calibrate the speedo. 2 for 1, what's there to lose?

·
Detailer & PC Tech
2,785 Posts
your right only worry is what does the tune do to the warranty??
no, but if you do take it to the dealer and it requiers a PCM flash to load stock settings then you just have to get it re-tuned. that's why some people buy a stock spare so the tuned one doesn't get flashed.

i'm not sure how much BB charges for re-tunes. i know wheatly charges 75$ for re-tunes, but he is based out of Houston Tx

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
silveradodude how does the process work with blackbear?? i just unplug my ecm send it to them, they tune it and send it back and it plugs right up and is done...or is there more steps than that?

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
i have that gay issue as well , with my 24's i took them off due to bad tires and i still have my spedomtr fukcing with me 5mph less and it scream overspeed :/

i was also thinking about a sweet tune , i dont trust fuckers around here . blackbear hope ur reading this :)

·
NNBS Owner
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea i havent ever really ever dealt with any tuning for any of my vehicles...whats the process blackbear uses?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Just send a PM to JennaBear , she'll explain it to you. If your truck is staying close to stock, a traditional mail-order tune would be fine. They'll send you a list of questions and answer them, they'll tune a ECM/TCM for you and when you get it in the mail, send yours back.

If you wanted to keep a stock for warranty work it's extra, you'd have to ask them for more details.

·
Is trying to be nicer.
1,735 Posts
no, but if you do take it to the dealer and it requiers a PCM flash to load stock settings then you just have to get it re-tuned. that's why some people buy a stock spare so the tuned one doesn't get flashed.

i'm not sure how much BB charges for re-tunes. i know wheatly charges 75$ for re-tunes, but he is based out of Houston Tx
Uhmm, are you positive about that? I was told free re-tunes for life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts