GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2008 GMC Sierra
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 GMC Sierra .. I went ahead a little while back and did a steering wheel swap, upgrading from cheap wheel with cruise to leather wheel with cruise and redundent radio controls .. I love the outcome, only problem is, I have the WT model so my cruise/radio control's don't light up when the lights are turned on .. I know there is a way to bypass this and make it work by doing some kind of wire splice or adding a fuse or something, looking to see if anyone knows of any information .. Thanks

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
^^yours is not a work truck

·
07 RCSB 4/6 drop
86 Posts
OK here is what the dealer gave to me after they had my truck for 3 days and couldnt figure out why my lights didnt work. Apparently the late 08 work truck lights work. This is what the GM service Techs from Detroit sent to my dealer.

models:
2007-2008 silverado, sierra
with RPO K34
without RPO YE9

The following diagnonsis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI

CONDITION/CONCERN

Product information update : for 2007-2008 Silverado/Sierra pickups withbase trim (minus YE9) and cruise control (K34) the cruise control buttons , located on the left side of the steering wheel are not back lit. This will not affect the operation of the cruise control feature.

NOTE: Engineering is aware ; however no fix is planned. circuit 817 from the dimming buss to I/P fuse block is missing and circuit 6136 from I/P fuse block to clock spring is missing as wells as the SWC BKLT fuse . NO repair attempts should be made.

RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS

normal characteristics, attempt no repairs

Please follow the diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and completely each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completeing every step , the remaining steps need not be performed.

·
07 RCSB 4/6 drop
86 Posts
Just to let you know. I have not looked into this or even tried to do this yet. I was maybe going to try it after I got a steering wheel with radio controls.

If ya try if take pics as ya go along cause I have no clue about what t is talking about till I look in to it more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts