GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2008 GMC Sierra
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 GMC Sierra .. I went ahead a little while back and did a steering wheel swap, upgrading from cheap wheel with cruise to leather wheel with cruise and redundent radio controls .. I love the outcome, only problem is, I have the WT model so my control's don't light up when the lights are turned on .. I know there is a way to bypass this and make it work, looking to see if anyone knows of any information .. Thanks

·
rox
191 Posts
How much was a wheel with the controls? How hard was it to swap? I too have cruise and no radio controls.

·
2008 GMC Sierra
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much was a wheel with the controls? How hard was it to swap? I too have cruise and no radio controls.
The swap was easy, I found a wheel on eBay and got it for cheap, like $70 shipped to me .. Just gotta keep your eyes on eBay often

·
rox
191 Posts
Cool. So I take it all the electrical connections are already in the truck just waiting to be hooked up? Nice

·
2008 GMC Sierra
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. So I take it all the electrical connections are already in the truck just waiting to be hooked up? Nice
Yeah, you just have to make sure the new wheel comes with the harness .. then you simply remove the old wheel and plug in the new one .. They got how to's on youtube .. Its a quick mod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts