GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock radio on my 2010 NNBS with cd has been great for almost 4 years but the accessory jack plug and the rear speakers go in and out. Actually the left rear is out and the right rear is the one working then not working from day to day. The front speakers work fine.

I'm wanting opinions for a suitable replacement stereo that is priced well and is user friendly. My truck will stay with the stock speaker setup. I want something within a few hundreds bucks. Anything from best buy or other places you can recommend? I have no issue buying another stock replacement off ebay if needed. I know very little about stereo's. I'm a paint, body and mechanical kinda guy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Speakers are your problem in the rear, stock speakers suck and blow all the time. Front door speakers blow just as easy as the rear but aren't as noticeable since the tweeters still work.

I'd try a new cable on the aux. jack, i have to replace mine every two years or so.

I would personally start there or by at least pulling a door panel and checking for signal before wasting time and cash on a HU you probably don't really need.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Couple hundred bucks will barely buy the parts needed to replace the head unit.

I've got a clarion nx603 for sale. Used it for 3 months in my truck. Asking $500 for head unit withou parts.

·
NNBS ECSB
103 Posts
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i62_double-din-car-stereos.html

I have the pioneer AVH-X1600DVD I have no need for GPS or any other features they offer. Just wanted a replacement with USB connection and DVD player. Browse the website, there is a lot of user friendly and units with a lot of features. Im sure you can find something that suits you. I know you said you dont want to replace speakers, but they do have very affordable prices. Hope this helped a bit. Installation is pretty easy.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
are you sure the hu is to blame for the speakers not working?

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
I feel pretty confident the speakers don't work because the speakers suck. They are known to fail from corrosion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check the signal to the speakers first... If it's not the speakers, then check crutchfield for your make and model and you can select all the options you want in a HU.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts