GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NNBS silverado and im in the market for new tires however i want to know what is the largest tire anyone has used with a 2" leveling kit? I want a nice agressive off-road tire and i want to use the largest possable. Also these will be going on OEM Z71 18" wheels so my tire choices really suck for an 18". I want to know if a 33X12.50R18 will work if they make that size. Also anyone who has a similar setup please post some pics so i can get an idea of what it will look like.

Thanks
LAZ:)

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
We've only had 57893056204615631 threads about this in the last 6 months. Please search.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Lots of threads. You also left out one very important piece of info. What rims are you running? Stock? Or if aftermarket what is the width and backspacing? That will determine how big you can go. If stock rims a 305 might fit. I'd get the 2.5" ccm kit. 2" isn't enough mine still has like a 1/2" of rake after the ccm kit. So yeah a 295 or 305 on stock rims anything else just search

·
Super trash and proud
1,921 Posts
Lots of threads. You also left out one very important piece of info. What rims are you running? Stock? Or if aftermarket what is the width and backspacing? That will determine how big you can go. If stock rims a 305 might fit. I'd get the 2.5" ccm kit. 2" isn't enough mine still has like a 1/2" of rake after the ccm kit. So yeah a 295 or 305 on stock rims anything else just search
:read:

He said stock 18's....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been lookin' to do the same thing (with OEM 20's)... My understanding is, if you are using a stock wheel and have a leveling kit, 33x12.50 is as big as you can go without doin' some more involved modifications (beyond trimmin' plastic)... Nevertheless, you have some people who swear "it can't be done" without trimmin' metal, etc... If you search on here, you'll find that there are others that have done it successfully; thus, I'm goin' to do the same when my stock tires wear out...

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
i've even heard of some stacking kits and running 37's with minor trimming.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
I've even heard of some people bumping threads that are almost a year old. :crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts