GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about replacing my 2000 ecsb with a 2007 nnbs vortec max pickup but i have some questions.
1. Can these trucks still be tuned with a scan cable via BBP and does anyone have experience with a BBP tune in these trucks?

2. Will a 16" wheel fit or do i have to go 17" up?

3. the 4L70 trans, anyone know about/ have experience with these? Will it handle some mild power adders with this engine and 33" tires. Would probably end up doing a tune, cold air, headers/exhaust, maybe cam and some head work down the road.

4. Does anyone have experience with above mentioned mods in these trucks?

I'm kind of on the fence about the deal but I know a v-max of any vintage isnt easy to find and this 1 is in pretty good shape for the year. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Gotta run 17s and up to clear the brake calipers. I think you can tune with a scan cable but not 100% sure. And transmission should be fine as long as you don't abuse it.

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
I had a '08 vmax and LOVED the truck. the truck itself was a lemon as far as quality with shit constantly breaking but aside from that it was a great truck. I was tuned with EFI Live and that made a big difference

·
Registered
429 Posts
its hit or miss on 4l[60/65/70]e transmissions some last 150-200k with low abuse and others last less than 100k. mine had a defective input sprag break at 62k with no abuse or heavy towing.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have 07' max with BBP tune, headers,intake,and it runs strong with no issues. As far as trans,I have 37's with 4.88's and it shifts perfect. :favorites37:

·
95obschevy
555 Posts
I have an 07 nnbs vmax and I love it. Im running a blackbear tune, cai, leveled on 33s and its perfect imo. Yes you need at least 17s. Yes you can scan cable tune. The tune made a big difference imo even with heavy toyos it has tons of power to put you back in the seat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys guys! they sold the 07 on me but i just picked up an 08 v-max LTZ and its awesome so far. Probably getting BBP tune and cai soon as I don't like the afm or tq management and don't want to replace lifters in the near future. Anything else I should look into?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts