GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
im also running the basic fabtech lift now and no you do not need to extended your drive shaft. with the 4.88 you will be fine. and i would go with a 3" body lift to be safe and i never did see any 2" bidylifts around but i have seen 1.5".Yes the RCX and CST will work with a body lift. Most lift widen the front track just not enought to notice it like the rcx i know my fabtech got a wider width then my rear but you cant really tell on the fabtech.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The spacer that comes with the fabtech is just 1/4". And it only comes with 1 of them. It is for running your stock spare tire.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Aaahh... I c. I was thinking it was wheel spacers for the front lol. Thx. But I'm still wondering if I need "wheel" spacers for the rear to help even out the track width on a fabtech lift.
Yes, you will need wheel spacers to even out the track width. Rough Country (RCX) has a fairly decent priced 1.5" wheel spacer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The fabtech kit only widens the front track 1/2" per side over stock. You can get spacers for the rear to match but it is not necessary. I could show you a crappy cell pic of side of truck to show tires if you want. I say go big or go home so I'd do the 3" bl! Good luck and post pics!

·
Rusty Shackleford
384 Posts

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
I wouldnt worry that much about the spacers it isnt that big of a difference.
59934_1539817128104_1015194612_1521892_6766539_n.jpg

·
Rusty Shackleford
384 Posts
You'll only know if you "need" a wheel spacer depending on the lift you choose. Most knuckle lifts will widen the stance up front roughly 1.5" per side, which is why most grab wheel spacers for the rear to even out the track width. If the lift is an actual full drop down like my CST, spacers aren't needed.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
My lift is a fabtech with a leveling kit. It came with the leveling kit so I dunno how tall it is I imagine an inch or so since my angles are still alright. My tires are 35x12.50's and my rims are 20x9.5s.

·
Livin' Large
38 Posts
Here is my truck, RCX 7.5", 3"BL, 37x13.50x20 Toyo and 20x12 et-44 wheels. Minor trim. I have a brand new in the box Motive 4.88 R&P if you are interested. I ordered two sets by accident :(

77c31976.jpg

e9b105aa.jpg

67aa080a.jpg

c07c35f7.jpg

·
Registered
543 Posts
Rich and Shawn, or anyone else that may know, do you have to have an '11 truck to put the '11 HD hood and grille on? Any other info would be great. thanks. and OP good luck, should look nice!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts