GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it took so long guys, I didn't get up til ten, which was pretty early considering I closed the bars around 2 last night. Had to drink a beer while i was doing this cause I was so hung over.

PLEASE SOME ONE MAKE ME A NEW SIG

When I bought the truck

silverado002.jpg

silverado001.jpg

silverado003.jpg

and as it sits today, I have to adjust the bumper wings a little, but im just going to wait til I go home from school, and have air tools so in the begining of may ill fix that.

S7300822.jpg

S7300824.jpg

S7300823.jpg

Only took me 2 hrs, to put it together, put it on, wash it, and take the pics, not bad if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
i like it, what are the rest of the plans for this truck?

wheres the fog lights?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
much better! shoulda got fog light caps though :D

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
BTW looks like you got the same issue as me with the gap between the endcaps and headlights. I still gotta readjust mine.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eh, that = $$$$$$$

The guy who had a set of them wanted $75 and they needed to be painted too. Plus buying the fog lamps themselves forget that.

Plans for this truck are
Waiting for a white bowtie to come in, im trading a guy my stocker for his white one that he had painted.
2.5" ccm leveling kit
295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
New rims in the more distant future unless I find a good deal.

and either a superchager for the v6, or a v8 swap once the warranty is out about 32k miles from now.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
i say get new rims but get some stock ones.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theres a member on here selling the gmc 17's that i might buy if he still has them this summer once I start working again, Im broke now this project soaked up all of my reserve funds.

·
Registered
748 Posts
eh, that = $$$$$$$

The guy who had a set of them wanted $75 and they needed to be painted too. Plus buying the fog lamps themselves forget that.

Plans for this truck are
2.5" ccm leveling kit
295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
New rims in the more distant future unless I find a good deal.

and either a superchager for the v6, or a v8 swap once the warranty is out about 32k miles from now.
should of just bought a v8 truck. would of been cheaper then trying to supercharge the v6 or a v8 swap. prob would of had the stock painted/chrome front end the same as it is now as well.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that looks great all white?

Have you given any thoughts to adding lowering shackles in the back to level it out?

I have a used (1 month) Belltech kit for sale if you do.
only going up with this one, i had a leveled long bed before, it was a 15 second truck so I went down with it.

truckstang.jpg

but yeah up up and away with this one.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Hey those are my old bumper caps! Truck looks 10000x better with the painted caps and bumper. I say painted handles and mirror caps next, cruise eBay for them.

You know those caps are more badass than your average bumper cap cuz they came off my truck right? Enjoy them :crazy:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey those are my old bumper caps! Truck looks 10000x better with the painted caps and bumper. I say painted handles and mirror caps next, cruise eBay for them.

You know those caps are more badass than your average bumper cap cuz they came off my truck right? Enjoy them :crazy:
haha yes, I think they actually added hp since you have a 5.3 in your truck. LOL:crazy:

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
did you get everything painted or did you just put new stuff on? :think:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had some issues, i was originally going to go with a chrome bumber bar. company shipped me the wrong one so I just got it painted. So basically I had 2 w/t bumpers, I already had sold the stock one I had.

Endcaps are new. They were black ones from silveradodude, Got those painted to match.

The grill i bought from a member at FSC and swapped it with my w/t one.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha yeah i know 15 seconds, big deal.

I planned on doing more with it, til some dbag in an expedition thought it be a good idea to turn left in front of me. Locker, High Ration Rockers, Long tubes, and some laughing gas.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4.8 with tune, exhaust and intake open rear end and 3.42 gears,

best time was a 15.09 with a 2.4ish 60'

1 - 19 of 19 Posts