GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I needed some new tires for my stock wheels 17" Z71 on my 07 new body style chevy it is a Z71. I ordered some 285 70's Firestone Destinations AT. I got a heck of a deal on them 450 but I am kind of worried they may rub if not then great but I guess if they do I will level the truck.

Jacob

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
You'll be fine, bearly.
I'm running 285/40/22's and don't have a rubbing problem lowered 4/7.
overall your tire diameter is going to be about 2" bigger than mine, and I have more than an inch clearance on both sides of the tire at full lock. I could be running 285/45/22's, which would basically be the same overall diameter as yours, without a problem, bearly.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
It will be close at stock height but they might clear. If not then get the rough country leveling kit. It will fix the rubbing if there is any.

·
Registered
494 Posts
It will be close at stock height but they might clear. If not then get the rough country leveling kit. It will fix the rubbing if there is any.
:word: They are cheap and make it look so much better. It'll clear 285s without a problem then.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 2wd with a leveling kit and i had to trim a lot and i still rub with 285/70/17. but i also have an offset that sticks out a bit more than stock. so you will prob. be ok

1 - 5 of 5 Posts