GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember seeing a thread a while ago about removing cats, but i couldn't find it, maybe it was before the site went down for a while. Anyways, i just had my cats chopped and ran true duels back with flowmasters. Deep and throaty is all i have to say. I drove it to florida and back, and i didn't notice any performance problems, and still got almost 20 mpg runnin it off the speed limiter the whole way. I dont know if that will change, any insight into whether the second 02 sensor is there for performance or to check how well the cat is working. Also where cna i get simulators. no local shops can find any???? They usually hook me up real good and can find most stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was the the one that started the thread. I haven't got around to removing my cats yet but its on the to do list. School has been keeping me busy.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
You can also get them from www.casperelectronics.com

The o2 simms "fake" the rear o2 signals to the computer to tell it that the cat or cats are there and that they are working. If you don't have these replacing the o2 sensor than you'll get an SES light. You should run simms when the cats are gone.

Cameron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts