GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Chevy Tahoe LT Bose stereo 6 disc cd changer with XM, stock rear TV and radio controls.

About a year ago, my cd changer in my stereo quit working. However the stereo and XM radio still worked so I thought nothing of it. A little while after, I bought one of these http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8760888&st=gm+ipod&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1202650491628 which is used in the same spot as the changer. Since the cd change didn't work, I thought this would be perfect for it. It worked fine until the other day when I was on my way to get gas. I parked, turned it off, did my stuff then got back in to go home. As I was turning the ignition, the stereo turned on and all I heard was a loud scratchy sound coming from all the speakers and some were louder than others. I turned the ignition off and opened the sound still came from the speakers for a little while after then stopped. I opened the hood and pulled the fuse thinking that it was burned out but it wasn't.
So as it is now, the stereo doesn't come on and the door chime doesn't come on when the door is open with the key in the ignition.

I am wondering what I should do. Obviously something is wrong with the stereo since it isn't coming on and the CD changer was already broken. But I don't know if I should take the whole car in to the dealer to get it looked at or just the stereo. And if I end up taking it to the dealer, should I leave the IPOD thing I bought hooked up?

I have also considered other stereos and ones with LCD screens but I have heard that the rear TV and radio controls would be something I'd lose.

I'm just looking for some advice and what I should do. I'm hoping this won't be too expensive but I have a feeling that it will end up that way.

Thanks

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
If its still under warranty then bring it in minus the ipod piece, if its not, replace it and there are pieces out there to keep the rear screen and other goodies working

1 - 3 of 3 Posts