GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leveling kit and a 3" spindle lift on my truck. The noise happens when I brake, and also when I turn. It sounds like something is in a bind. It started 2 weeks ago, and I have since changed the UCA's and struts, but the noise is still there. I took it to the dealership and they ran some test, but couldnt figure it out. Any ideas before I have to take it back to stock?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have a leveling kit and a 3" spindle lift on my truck. The noise happens when I brake, and also when I turn. It sounds like something is in a bind. It started 2 weeks ago, and I have since changed the UCA's and struts, but the noise is still there. I took it to the dealership and they ran some test, but couldnt figure it out. Any ideas before I have to take it back to stock?

Did you get another alignment after ucas and struts?

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
What am I listening for? Is it a pop, grind, screech, bang, clank? What side? Turning which way? Being it's a 2wd I'd guess hubs

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
Check ur dust shields see if they are rubbing the rotors
Bingo. Dust shields have to be trimmed with spindles. Shine a flashlight in between the back of your caliper and rotor and see if its folded back in to the rotor somehow

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Not hard. Just requires taking off hub, which means removing wheels, brakes and stuff like that. So takes some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not hard. Just requires taking off hub, which means removing wheels, brakes and stuff like that. So takes some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know if theres a tutorial? I dont even know what I am looking for, never heard of this brake dust cover.

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
You know if theres a tutorial? I dont even know what I am looking for, never heard of this brake dust cover.
Take it to a shop. You don't sound too confident in this and it's fairly intrusive to get to.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally found out the problem after spending tons of time and money trying to find what the noise was. Turns out it was just my running boards. Lol! Not really sure why, but they were the cause of all that noise!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts