GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fab-tech lift on my truck and there is a noise that is coming from my front left wheel area. I only hear the noise when I accelerate from a dead stop, slowdown or hit a bump. ANy help on this would be greatly appreciated beacuse I would hate to have to take it back to the San Diego car lot I bought it from to have them fix it, long drive.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what are tract bars?? I don't think anything is bent since it's a new truck and the dealership had the lift put on by a lift shop.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The noise is like a thump.. I want to say that it sounds like metal hitting metal. I'm starting to thing that something is loose and hitting something else that is metal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you added leafs, then might check and make sure there are pads between all the springs in between the ubolts. Make sure Ubolts are tight! Also a broken leaf can make that sound, usually not the case. Also try spraying your bushings with silicone spray.....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could check the u-bolts, never thought of that. As far as a bad tire, it looks good to me, tire pressure may be a little low but other wise is a good tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.