GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fab-tech lift on my truck and there is a noise that is coming from my front left wheel area. I only hear the noise when I accelerate from a dead stop, slowdown or hit a bump. ANy help on this would be greatly appreciated beacuse I would hate to have to take it back to the San Diego car lot I bought it from to have them fix it, long drive.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
mine squeeks when i do most of that but im pretty sure its due to axle wrap cuz i need tract bars.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what are tract bars?? I don't think anything is bent since it's a new truck and the dealership had the lift put on by a lift shop.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
traction bars go on each side of the rear axle to keep it from moving horizontally and twisting the axle upward but allow it still to go up and down.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The noise is like a thump.. I want to say that it sounds like metal hitting metal. I'm starting to thing that something is loose and hitting something else that is metal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you added leafs, then might check and make sure there are pads between all the springs in between the ubolts. Make sure Ubolts are tight! Also a broken leaf can make that sound, usually not the case. Also try spraying your bushings with silicone spray.....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could check the u-bolts, never thought of that. As far as a bad tire, it looks good to me, tire pressure may be a little low but other wise is a good tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts