GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my bagged truck for a couple of years now and lately I have noticed as I go down the street it seems to be noisy and sqeaks a lot. It has KP Components rear bar setup and air ride tech front. I have looked around underneath it but it seems none of the bushings have a zerk fitting to grease them up. What type of maintenance do you guys do.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Probably just time to replace them. Few guys here had that problem with there bushings. i never had it with mine though

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
i think someone on here posted up the energy suspension bushings with grease fittings u can use.

try spraying some white lithium grease on them for now

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
You can use the bushings that KP supplies with there kits or any manufactuer for that matter. Just buy yourself a 1/4" tap, use the recommended drill size for the tap and start drilling!!! 1/4" grease fitting are cheap and will save your bushings. I did this to my old Air Ride Technologies setup that was on my truck for 8 years and when I took them off, they were still good.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
drill a hole through the metal and all the way through the bushing, tap the hole for a grease zerk.

but poly is noise when it gets dry.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
dont drill through the bushing! For one thing the metal from drilling the sleeve will eat the fuck out of the polyurethane. And the bushings are obviously 2 piece, so there is a crease between them the grease will work into

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
dont drill through the bushing! For one thing the metal from drilling the sleeve will eat the fuck out of the polyurethane. And the bushings are obviously 2 piece, so there is a crease between them the grease will work into
correct, i had my head up my ass. if he does drill he can dip the drill bit into grease and the metal will stick to it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I just took the old bushings out and drilled before i installed the bushings. I used a bastard file also to make sure no burrs were left

1 - 16 of 16 Posts