GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive picked out my new amp and its a 800 watt rms monoblock amp and it is not fan cooled. This is the only thing Im wondering about, I mean my $10 wal mart amp has a fan on it. Im just wondering how hot it will get? Or does it not matter?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Ive picked out my new amp and its a 800 watt rms monoblock amp and it is not fan cooled. This is the only thing Im wondering about, I mean my $10 wal mart amp has a fan on it. Im just wondering how hot it will get? Or does it not matter?
What kindof amp is it? That would help.

My RF amps, my arc audio amps, and my alpine amps didn't have fans on them. Most higher end amps have heat syncs and don't waste that much current generating heat. I did have a high current audiobahn that had a a couple of fans though.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kindof amp is it? That would help.

My RF amps, my arc audio amps, and my alpine amps didn't have fans on them. Most higher end amps have heat syncs and don't waste that much current generating heat. I did have a high current audiobahn that had a a couple of fans though.
Its an MA. Forgot to put that in there.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
my audiobahn amp isn't fan cooled. It gets up to 115* sometimes in the summer and I have yet to have it overheat or go into protection mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts