GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting some bass in my 07 nnbs extended cab. So far I have a pioneer hu, and all JL speakers. I'm wanting to do a Rockford Fosgate Punch P3S Shallow 12", with this Memphis amp.

As far as a box I'll probably get a custom one made because I can't seem to find a premade box for a 12" in an ext cab. Any suggestions or opinions on this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Why that sub and why that amp? Also why do you want all jl speakers?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty much copying my friends setup lol. Love the way it sounds. I already have the HU and the components for about a year. But the lack of bass sucks

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I suggest an amp for the highs and also a better sub an amp.

Another question, what vehicle do you have an what vehicle does your buddy have?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is an 07 nnbs ext cab
His is an 2011 F250 CCSB

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
You can't think they will sound the same. Differant vehicles sound differant. His truck is bigger on the inside (in my opinion more cabin gain). Silverados are quieter (in my opinion)

Don't copy his system. Read about equipment

Every vehicle sounds differant

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree they won't sound the same but throw an amp on the JLs and they will sound even better than they do now. Look into the 5 ch CT sounds 60.4-500.1. That's more power for a better sub. Skip the P3. Most Lol will say Sundown SD2 but I say the new SSA dcon 10. Very similar sub's can't go wrong with SSA, made in America!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I disagree on the ct amp. Coleman is an idiot. That is all

As for ssa being american made, I'm not saying they aren't but I'm sure there just built here

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
So is ascendant and crossfire.

Again I'm not saying your wrong but I'm not totally sure there made here

·
Registered
28 Posts
Either way, for a simple system to add some decent thump a 5 ch and single sub would do fine. Space is a issue in ext cab so a single amp/sub helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm pretty much copying my friends setup lol. Love the way it sounds. I already have the HU and the components for about a year. But the lack of bass sucks

Budget? if your open to suggestions you can get much better gear for around same price.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts

As for ssa being american made, I'm not saying they aren't but I'm sure there just built here
Since I dropped them, I'm hearing the warranty claims have gone up. Well, trying to claim anyway. I'm told there are many many failures and Coleman has disappeared, on the amps and the subs. I dropped them for a reason, that reason appears to have grown.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Since I dropped them, I'm hearing the warranty claims have gone up. Well, trying to claim anyway. I'm told there are many many failures and Coleman has disappeared, on the amps and the subs. I dropped them for a reason, that reason appears to have grown.
My issue with ct is I called them directly. I was told to contact my local dealer. I don't have 1. So I say that. And they still say contact yur local dealer. Then Coleman's woman is dumb as a rock. If she takes your order you will get something totally differant. A rock can do a better job than her

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts

y u disagree with the ct amp? you were the one who told me to get that.....

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Your fine. I'm saying that now I will not do business with ct sounds. The amp works for you. But as of a few month ago I will no longer recomend them based in customer service

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
oh, as long as it's customer service and not the product itself.. i don't have to worry about dealing with them *knock on wood* and hopefully sean would help me out with that since I bought it off him :) he can just send me a 125.4 if mine ever breaks

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
y u disagree with the ct amp? you were the one who told me to get that.....
I dropped CT in January for a few reasons, one being A LOT of warranty claims. Literally 40% of all amps sold, within 3 months, had issues. Some had issues the day they got them. Since then I've been hearing more of the same from people that bought them. Most issues have been with the remote knob. They aren't too keen on warranty work either. Customers had been telling me if it still functions they won't warranty it. Example, protect light stays on but amp works fine, won't warranty it.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
I dropped CT in January for a few reasons, one being A LOT of warranty claims. Literally 40% of all amps sold, within 3 months, had issues. Some had issues the day they got them. Since then I've been hearing more of the same from people that bought them. Most issues have been with the remote knob. They aren't too keen on warranty work either. Customers had been telling me if it still functions they won't warranty it. Example, protect light stays on but amp works fine, won't warranty it.
wanna send me a 125.4 and ill send you back the 60.4? even trade :)

dont mean to hijack this thread... makes me want to sell the amp though..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
He doesn't sell ct anymore therefore he can't do that

1 - 20 of 27 Posts