GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i painted the front bumper and put in a trenz billet grill before i took it up to ekmw. last pic is a start of something... (it was a shitty quick install, im working on a fiberglass box for subs that i might put it in and put gauge's where its at now)

P1000871.gif

P1000868.gif

P1000864.jpg

im not going to post up pics of the whole truck until it gets bagged (ashamed of how high it is) and becuz its been sitting under a tree for the last month getting rained & crapped on... :pissed:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Truck looks 100 times better! It is amazing what a little colormatching can do!

Cannot wait to see the next set of pictures :head:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Looks so much better!! I bet it was hard sanding that bottom bumper part.

·
2,451 Posts
I love colormatched plastics, cant wait to see it layed out :worship:
how bout clearing the headlights?

·
Changed my life
1,218 Posts
1badazzchevy said:
The new Chevy 03-04 bumpers don't come factory painted, but the GMC's do. What's up with that?
Professional grade, baby! :rocking: :LOL:

Truck looks good man, can't wait to see it laid out.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didnt sand the bottom part just coated it with filler primer and shot spray paint over it then cleared it (i didnt want to waste time on something i would be fucking up from driving so low when it gets bagged)

the top part i did sand down then good filler primer then sanded some more then borrowed a comprsser and gun and did it right with nice paint
(gotta re shoot because there is some small pin holes that popped up in the paint)

i plan on doing the headlights pretty soon but im going to be busy with the fiberglass stuff for a while

g-unit im still going to get it bagged unless something major happens but it will be in august and better be ready for LFT...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BuiltNotBought99 said:
Looks great man, I just ordered a alpine cda 9830, i just wondered how you like the 9831?
man i only have had it for a week but its a bad ass headunit it has all kinds of "bells and whistle's" i dont even know how to use yet:LOL:

everybody thanks for the posiative comments, it keeps me going... :head:

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Downfall said:
g-unit im still going to get it bagged unless something major happens but it will be in august and better be ready for LFT...
Sweet, who is goin to bag it for you, same place, or did u line something esle up?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hmm got any close up pics of your bottom bumper? I know it'll show how big your body lift is, but i kindof want to paint my lower bumper, but i know its always gonna be fucked up b/c i drive low.

oh btw, looking good, i can't wait to see da bisch on the ground:rocking:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
g_unit77 said:
Sweet, who is goin to bag it for you, same place, or did u line something esle up?
yea same place ekmw in houston (they do good work and dont hack shit up) i dont trust too many people cutting into my firewall and relocating alot of electronic chit plus they do alot of work i havent seen many places do or touch

i will take some pics of my bumper in the morning but its raining right now so i might rinse it off so you can see the texture better
white is easy to match, that blue you have might be harder but its not really worth it to spend alot of time on it if you drive low and scrape it alot imo

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what do yall think about the grill left behind the billet? i painted it white so it shows up more but sometimes it overpowers the billet

cut it out or not?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
cut it out:read: i think they look kindof tacky with the old grille in the back... looks kindof unfinished

my bumper would be painted the silverish color of my truck... well it looks silver in all of the pictures. Its really blue :pissed:

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Yeh id cut it out too, after lookin at if for a little bit, i saw it and it would like 10 times better with it gone. :bowtie:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts