GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had djm's 2/4 drop on my truck for over a month.. it's got a really nasty rake to it that i'm not happy about. i figured it would've settled by now, but the rear is still quite a bit higher than the front.

my question is, how might i be able to drop the rear more to level out the stance? i've got the leafs bolted in the top notch on the shackles any help would be great..

here's a photo. i tried to lighten the brightness/contrast as much as possible to see my problem..

thanks!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It's gonna have a rake because the rear needs to be 3 inches lower than the front to sit level, i.e. 2/5 drop or 3/6 drop.

The easiest way is to do a flip kit (6" drop) and a lift shackle (1" lift) to get 5 inches rear drop, but you'll have to C-notch the frame.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was there anything different in the rears from an '04-06? my truck's an '06 and i have a buddy that has an '04 with the same kit and the stance on his truck is almost perfect..

do shocks make any difference by chance?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts

brad, my buddy has the same djm 2/4 kit. it wont settle much more than that because you have the shackle/hanger kit and that simply relocates the mounting points of the leaf spring. we ended up pulling the overload leaf from the leafspring pack and it dropped the truck another 3/4" in the rear. It needs to have about 5" in the back to be level but then you'll need to notch. Above is a photo of his truck.

now i will say this...while waiting on some 2" lowering shackles to come in the mail, i ran some 'lifting shackles' that i got from advance. these shackles were a bit taller than the 2" lowering shackles that i have on the truck now. they actually gave about another inch of drop with them. the only drawback with them is that they're not very sturdy. they would need a small piece of tubing between them to keep them from sliding around. you can see in the photo above what im talking about.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
was there anything different in the rears from an '04-06? my truck's an '06 and i have a buddy that has an '04 with the same kit and the stance on his truck is almost perfect..

do shocks make any difference by chance?
Is your buddy's truck also a Crew? I think Crews have more weight in the front from the bigger cab, which may make a difference because the rear is lighter *shrug*

Judging by the picture, the gap doesn't look *that* different. Another inch in back would probably be perfectly level, which is pretty much the case with our trucks.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
just throw some fat chicks in your bed

but yea, do the flipkit...
personally, i'd do the flipkit with a 1" lift shackle as well. its discouraging though after you've spent all of that time busting those rivets out of the hangers just to reinstall them again:insane:

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
You still have the lift blocks? I dont know if 2wds have them, if so lose those.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's an extended cab, not a crew.. and it's 2wd. my buddy's truck is the exact same, except for the year.

matt, i'll look into that lift shackle or i'll fab up something for the shackles i currently have. thanks for the advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts