GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is my "back to me" vehicle that I hope to start modding.

We have owned this vehicle for the last 60k miles/5 years. I recently bought my wife a Suburban because she wanted more room, and I took over this vehicle. The vehicle has been great to us and although I want to get a 2wd CC it just makes more sense to keep this vehicle.

The following parts were replaced in the last 10k miles:
Complete brake pads and new rotors, spark plugs, water pump, and alternator

There are some issues in the interior (dirty from kids and such) and the paint is messing up on the exterior. I plan to do some small mods, and save up for the other mods and slowly build this how i want it. Hopefully this thread doesn't disappoint.

Only Modifications are:
Painted front end
Tinted windows (50 on the windshield)
Air Aid MIT
HID headlights (white)
BB tune

Soon:
Pioneer Double Din
MBRP catback
1-2 10's for a small system

Long Term:
HD front end
Demold
3/5 drop
22 or 24's
Cam/stall/Longtubes
fix exterior paint and color match bumper pads

20140325_173206.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

Clearcoat Failure that needs fixing
20140804_175639.jpg

9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well came across a deal that I couldn't pass up. Traded my wheels and tires with 30% tread for these with 90% tread. Older guy bought [MENTION=3680]Fogle[/MENTION]'s truck and didn't like the 20s. I couldn't be happier with them and when I go to install my MBRP exhaust tomorrow night, I have to do some trimming in the rear fender well. Those 305's are wide.

IMG_20140920_122749.jpg

IMG_20140920_121415.jpg

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Looks killer B!!

Do you have ford keys and 2" spacer?

Hoe brothers again :high5: haha

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Looks good man! Liking the NNBS 20s.... Although I'm a bit biased. :crazy:

I had to trim the rear wheelwell liner on our Yukon with 275/55s on those 20s.... Although mine is due to the 3" drop and these 275s are a tad bit wider than the Coopers that were on these wheels.

9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks killer B!!

Do you have ford keys and 2" spacer?

Hoe brothers again :high5: haha
It used to have ford keys and spacers...right now it is just cranked factory keys until i can afford to drop it.

BTW glad to be Hoe Bros again

Looks good man! Liking the NNBS 20s.... Although I'm a bit biased. :crazy:

I had to trim the rear wheelwell liner on our Yukon with 275/55s on those 20s.... Although mine is due to the 3" drop and these 275s are a tad bit wider than the Coopers that were on these wheels.
Yea they rub pretty good being 305s. I am going to trim it tomorrow when I get some time. I need details on your Yukon setup and pictures?

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Mine isn't as low as you're talking. I have just the McGaughys 3" rear drop spring kit with shock extensions. And, I completely decranked the stock keys, actually removed the bolts from the key as they're sitting in my toolbox.

*edit.... Looked back at my old thread. On the stock 265s the fender measurements were at 33 3/4" just to give you a reference.

·
NNBS Owner/FireFighter
1,638 Posts

This IMO.

Or trade me tires and wheels. I only have 10000 miles on my 285 nittos

9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine isn't as low as you're talking. I have just the McGaughys 3" rear drop spring kit with shock extensions. And, I completely decranked the stock keys, actually removed the bolts from the key as they're sitting in my toolbox.

*edit.... Looked back at my old thread. On the stock 265s the fender measurements were at 33 3/4" just to give you a reference.

Man that looks awesome! How is the ride? Anything you would do differently?

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts
lmk when you are going to be doing your HD front end, I'll gladly take the grille off of your hands ;)

I might be able to get an HD grille as well if you wanted to trade at all.

9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lmk when you are going to be doing your HD front end, I'll gladly take the grille off of your hands ;)

I might be able to get an HD grille as well if you wanted to trade at all.
That would be awesome man. I just don't know if shipping wouldn't kill the entire deal though.

·
15 RCSB Z71
3,447 Posts
I'll ship it from MI, I have a US parcel box there. If you're able to get an approx. quote to 48060 we'll know either way. I probably can't get a quote until I drive across the border but I'm sure it would be close to the same. Is the bumper cap the same for the nbs HD and 1/2 ton? I know nnbs is different

9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Negative...the bumper cap is also different. So you could get the bumper cap and the grill shell from me.

·
15 RCSB Z71
3,447 Posts
Sounds good, I'm working on aquiring an HD grille now. Depending on local price and what it would cost to ship I may just buy your parts to save shipping $$$ and hassle. I'll shoot you a PM when I know so I don't post whore your build thread

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Man that looks awesome! How is the ride? Anything you would do differently?
Thanks! :shake:

I don't DD the Yukon.... My wife does. But when I do drive it I have ZERO complaints. Rides and handles good. Only thing is ours has Autoride. With it lowered the emergency brake cable rubbed through the ds rear Autoride shock air bag. It caused the bag to leak which ran the compressor at like every stop sign. I just pulled the Autoride compressor fuse..... I'm sure it would ride even better if I just had good shocks all the way around instead of these non-working 125k ones.

9,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you so much for the info John. I am definitely going to look into the setup that you have. I think that it looks awesome. I don't have Autoride on this one thank God, so I shouldn't have to deal with any of those hiccups.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts