GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my shit all plumbed and what not. Started the truck up and ran the york right off the battery to make sure the system was working. It seemed like there was a lot of oil going thru the line not sure if thats normal or what not. Im running a 210 from waylayed, 3ft leader house, into check valve, home depot water trap(SD one on the way), with unloader.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i was thinking, but wasnt entirely sure... Marcos the truck is lookin nasty my friend. I gotta BD my shit somewhere down the line

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should i run it for a while not hooked up to the tanks. so oil doesnt get all up in my shit. or should it be fine

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
welcome to a edc...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got a drains on both my tanks. I wasnt aware that oil came in the EDC cuz i got it shipped from waylayed. I put about 10oz's in it.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Mine has never passed a lot of oil but I've heard of others passing a lot just until it breaks in. Put a drain valve on your tanks. you should have drained it first. I would say completely drain it and put some fresh 30w in there.

·
Registered
381 Posts
From what I understand an A/C compressor is designed to pump the oil threw the system to keep all the fittings an o rings lube, maybe that way A/C oil is so fine.

Do you guys think that using 30W oil helps fix this problem? My first bagged truck that I purchased a few months ago has a York compressor on it and I couldn’t figure out way I keep getting oil in a tank, It appeared to be that fine oil too.

Anyway the York just locked up on me the other day because I didn’t know about keeping it oiled or what not until I found this forum. Now I have to find another compressor.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
You have to keep at least 6 oz of oil in there. 12 is the max. Not very hard to keep up with. If you drain some from your filter/separator then put some in. Get a 6 oz oiler from your parts store and keep it full. i have even over filled it with nothing bad happening. I want to put a clear filler guage on mine so I always know but that would be some work. If you have a doubt then put some in.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You have to keep at least 6 oz of oil in there. 12 is the max. Not very hard to keep up with. If you drain some from your filter/separator then put some in. Get a 6 oz oiler from your parts store and keep it full. i have even over filled it with nothing bad happening. I want to put a clear filler guage on mine so I always know but that would be some work. If you have a doubt then put some in.
so where do I put the oil in at? can I fill it on top in the intake side of the compressor?:think:

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
No, you put it in the side. Mine has a bolt with 1/2" hex head that I take out and use my 6 oz oiler to fill through that hole. There's one of those bolts on each side.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
When I said keep at least 6 oz of oil that means any less and it will be a paper weight if you run it. Keep 12oz in there if you can help it. Mine came with a dip stick but it sucks to use.

·
Registered
381 Posts
No, you put it in the side. Mine has a bolt with 1/2" hex head that I take out and use my 6 oz oiler to fill through that hole. There's one of those bolts on each side.
:hmm:I'v seen them bolts and wonderd what they are for.

When I said keep at least 6 oz of oil that means any less and it will be a paper weight if you run it. Keep 12oz in there if you can help it. Mine came with a dip stick but it sucks to use.
Should I fill it with oil untill I see it threw the bold hole or is that to much?

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
I have a dip stick that tells me how much oil is in it. I guess you could fill it till it came out the hole. It would be nice to tap a hole in the bottom and then run a clear tube up verticly so the level could be seen.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey thanks guys you have been great help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts