GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been getting a check engine code on the tuck ever since the turbo install its a P2761 code, http://engine-codes.com/p2761_chevrolet.html

neways it happens when i turn on the truck, ill wait a few then i clear it with my plx and it seems to go away. Now the tranny was in the truck before and wasnt doing this. Ive read into some of the issues, being a faulty 2-3 solenoid
a bad ignition switch. dirty connections, a few other things basically that the switch isnt getting proper electric power to it. ive cleaned the connections, and bought a new switch " havent changed it yet". but i was wondering the only other thing is when i installed the new fuel pressure guage i tapped it into the ignition wire and it comes on now with the dash and what not. would it be enough to pull juice to throw a fault?

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
I been getting a check engine code on the tuck ever since the turbo install its a P2761 code, http://engine-codes.com/p2761_chevrolet.html

neways it happens when i turn on the truck, ill wait a few then i clear it with my plx and it seems to go away. Now the tranny was in the truck before and wasnt doing this. Ive read into some of the issues, being a faulty 2-3 solenoid
a bad ignition switch. dirty connections, a few other things basically that the switch isnt getting proper electric power to it. ive cleaned the connections, and bought a new switch " havent changed it yet". but i was wondering the only other thing is when i installed the new fuel pressure guage i tapped it into the ignition wire and it comes on now with the dash and what not. would it be enough to pull juice to throw a fault?
Was the trans or engine removed during the turbo installation process? What about the interior panel below the steering column?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir. The tranny has been puking fluid out if the rear breather since I have had it. Thinking the tcase gasket is leaking and its puking it out the top? But the motor and Tanny was untouched only elctrical thing that's changed is the fuel pressure gauge hooked up into the dash light power wire? Thanks for the reply I'm stumped

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
It's possible it is purely coincidental. You're experiencing the same thing I was when I took the plug off the solenoid on mine, put it back in and bent a pin pushing it in. I ended up just getting a new one and it solved the issue.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You just replaced the plug its self or the the pin? Maybe I can get my head up there far enough and see if any are bent. The code come on every start up and once I clear it it will stay off till I shut it down again

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
You just replaced the plug its self or the the pin? Maybe I can get my head up there far enough and see if any are bent. The code come on every start up and once I clear it it will stay off till I shut it down again
I didn't replace anything till I discovered the bent pin. I had 1 issue that caused several, that was a loose plug coming from the ignition switch. In the process of finding that, I took the plug loose from the solenoid and put it back. When I put it back, a pin got bent. My other issue (not those symptoms) was resolved by the plug in the dash, then this symptom came up. I knew I had been at that plug so I checked it, which is when I found the bent pin. At that point I tried to straighten it out but it was being a pain in the balls so I said fuck it and bought a new solenoid since it was cheap. No issues ever since then.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Humm how hard was it to swap the silinoid ?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha nice. how did you do it? jw sorry im new to tranny stuff.

·
Premium Member
7,892 Posts
haha nice. how did you do it? jw sorry im new to tranny stuff.
It's pretty self explanatory. It's been a while since I did it, but I'm pretty sure it was like, 2 or 3 bolts you can easily see, pull it off, put new one on, put bolts back in. I remember something specific about not fooling with things, like moving them around before putting them on, so things line up properly.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts