GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GolfnBeer
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys should i notch the frame on a 2/4 drop and how hard is it too notch the frame???worried about bottoming out...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
You don't need to notch for a 2/4. Just cut your bumpstops or get shorter ones and you sould be fine :shake:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
you might on big bumps, and if you tow stuff. If you do the drop, and see that you need the notches, it's no problem to install them. But no, you really dont need them

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I had no notch on mine when it was at 5 and didn't bottom out that much at all. So a 4 should be fine.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
i ran around with out a notch on my 6 inch drop, was fine until i hit bumps or dips in the road, then it all really depended on how big of a bump or ditch it was and how fast i was goin.

now im notched, and nothing hits.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I rode with a 2/5 and never bottomed. I have also heard stories of people with 2/4 drops that bottom regularly. Just gotta try it out. How them notches doing slamd?

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
Beyond Static said:
How them notches doing slamd?

so far so good... dont bottom out worth shit. its awesome and so new to me. i used to have to go over a few spots near my house and SLAM on my brakes so i wouldnt bottom out in the back (the people behind me hated it), but no more. thanx.

i just gotta relocate a few brackets and shit that where in the way, and it was a bitch to cut thru that frame, then drill out the holes. i just hope nothing brakes.

thanx again.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
no prob man. glad I could hook ya up. I ral all the brake lines and crap betweeen the frame and the notch. I had no problems cutting the frame with a sawzall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts